Regular #10 Envelopes on Xerox 770 or Xerox 1000

jricart

I just got the L-Shaped Envelope Alignment tool and Im wondering if someone can help me with a few questions that I have:

• How do you setup the paper catalog for the envelope
• what is the size of paper you need to enter before running them
• any other tips/info you can provide me to be able to successfully print them?

Thank you all.

I set up the envelopes just as I would any other normal paper. Uncoated, GSM weight and the size. I did not do any other advanced adjustments. Not sure on the 770 or 1000, but on the Versant 2100 it is the actual size of the envelope. I think that would be for any machine as you would have jams and sensor errors if the size was not right.

#10 envelopes run with ease through our 2100. Again not familiar with the 770 or 1000, but if they are anything like the 2100 it should be simple.

I got this cheat sheet from a Xerox analyst to help me get envelopes running on my Versant 80's. I know it's not a 1000, but maybe something within the document may be useful.

View attachment Envelopes on Versant.pdf

Aside, anyone have any thoughts on end users of envelopes printed on Xerox equipment experiencing toner re-melting/smearing when running said envelopes through their own laser printers for addressing? I got one complaint out of about 25 jobs we ran.

I believe that tray insert is called a "postcard" thingy on the 800/1000. I don't think it will do #10's just a specific postcard size. Check the CED. The versant will print #10's no problem.

The Xerox 700/770 does not run envelopes. The Versant 80 and 2100 do. On a 7xx you have a smaller 'lunch box' fuser and envelopes will catch or wrinkle as it is not designed for that (an envelope is 4 sheets of paper). On a Versant it uses a belt fuser so it more open to different media (52 to 350gsm), you don't need a special envelope fuser either. Here is a video on running envelopes on a Versant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3yJkvvLFDc.

The Xerox 700/770 does not run envelopes.

I beg to differ if the 700/770 is anything like my C75. It has the same "lunchbox" style fuser (I like the term "lunchbox" style, never heard it called that before). It is tricky running envelopes. You have to experiment with different weights and construction (of envelope). And brand makes a difference too. I have found that Mohawk Everyday Digital will generally run good feeding from the short edge, little to no wrinkling. Occasionally, it will wrinkle bad but luckily those envelopes feed pretty well from the long edge and flap open. The CED states it can be done but not often. It does not define what "occasional use" means.

I beg to differ if the 700/770 is anything like my C75. It has the same "lunchbox" style fuser (I like the term "lunchbox" style, never heard it called that before). It is tricky running envelopes. You have to experiment with different weights and construction (of envelope). And brand makes a difference too. I have found that Mohawk Everyday Digital will generally run good feeding from the short edge, little to no wrinkling. Occasionally, it will wrinkle bad but luckily those envelopes feed pretty well from the long edge and flap open. The CED states it can be done but not often. It does not define what "occasional use" means.

I think what Brian was trying to say is that the 7xx line "was not designed" to run envelopes because it uses a "lunchbox" style fuser (the old traditional heat, pressure, roller style with a handle at the top resembling a lunchbox). Not that it "won't" run them (like any other device in your operation, you can tweak, Gerry-rig, etc and get them to "kind-of" run. The Versant series, like the 800/1000 series uses a totally different fusing technology that uses a belt instead of heat/pressure rollers which is more conducive to envelope production.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back