Xerox 700 Digital machine - Upgrade recomendation needed please

razakadave

Hi Everybody,

This is my first post!

I own a Xerox 700 digital press and it is almost 6 years old. Thinking to upgrade to Versant 80 or something similar. Haven't tested the machine.

Please post your experiences and recomendations on this machine and similar.

Thank you

We have two V80's and are extremely pleased with them. They replaced DocuColor 5000 and 7000. The quality and alignment adjustment features are great to have. The prints are much more matte looking (vs. the DC glossy output). Color consistency is excellent. We now rarely see our techs.

PS - I am NOT sponsored by Xerox

Do yourself a favour and look at Ricoh's offerings. I have 2 x 700's and put in a ricoh 7110. IMHO a far superior machine than the versant. I was a xerox user for over 10 years

Our v80 has been a rockstar. seen some weird color issues with the Ricoh one of our vendors uses. Just our experience and probably not indicative of the quality of the machine.

I have been using Xerox for more than 10 years, still have a 770 and looking to upgrade. Ricoh has a very nice offering with the 7110 - just make sure service is well established in your area. Versant 80 is a very robust machine too, maybe a bit more expensive but you know exactly what you get. I recommend to test both machines for your applications

Hello,Does anyone knows where I can get a fuser for a Docucolor 5000.I am desperately in need of a fuser new or rebuild.

We had a 770 for several years and just loved it . .. looked long and hard at the upgrade path and ended up with the Ricoh C7100 even though it was about 20% more. The fifth color looks interesting (still haven't had a chance to use that) but the registration is amazing and the quality it just fine we can pretty much match what the Xerox did and most times it looks better to us. The vacuum feed is also very impressive and overall the machine appears to be much more robust.

You might want to look at this thread also:

https://printplanet.com/forum/digit...80-v-ricoh-c7100x-which-is-the-better-machine

Last edited:
Do yourself a favour and look at Ricoh's offerings. I have 2 x 700's and put in a ricoh 7110. IMHO a far superior machine than the versant. I was a xerox user for over 10 years

What do you find superior about the Ricoh models over the Versant?

I'm always weary of new comers to the production color space. KM made a huge push ~10 years ago with the 6000's and then the rest of the product line. It was a very rocky start and some would say it continues to be a sub-par product. Ricoh is doing a similar push with the 7xxx and 9xxx series.

I trust Canon and Xerox for entry level production color, they have been doing it for years.

razakadave , I am in a similar situation and in the UK. We are looking for an upgrade from our Ricoh 720. Looking at Xerox V80 & Ricoh 7110. I am wondering how is Xerox's Service support. Ricoh have been fantastic.

We're running two Versant 2100's (V80 is same engine, just a little slower). Good solid pieces of gear. Very high print quality, very little down time. Sheet-to-sheet, as well as front to back registration seems to stay spot on. Service in my area is awesome. No complaints.

We went the DocuColor 5000, 8000, 8000AP, 8010 route and moved to the Versant 2100's when those leases expired.

BTW, I am not now, nor have I ever been employed by, or, under contract to Xerox.

We went from a Xerox 770 to a Ricoh 7110 . . . couldn't be happier, not that we were unhappy with Xerox but the Ricoh is an absolute beast, vacuum feed, sheet to sheet registration is amazing, up to 130 lb stock, and a 5th color station . . a bit faster than the 770 also.

Very happy with this machine!!!!

Last edited:
We went from a Xerox 770 to a Ricoh 7110 . . . couldn't be happier, not that we were unhappy with Xerox but the Ricoh is an absolute beast, vacuum feed, sheet to sheet registration is amazing, up to 130 gsm stock, and a 5th color station . . a bit faster than the 770 also.

Very happy with this machine!!!!

Hey dabob, I think you mean 130 lb cover (350 gsm stock). At least, I hope so................... :)

Last edited:
Hey dabob, I think you mean 130 lb cover (350 gsm stock). At least, I hope so................... :)

Yeah . . . I'm a luddite that still knows how to spec stock the old way . . . the difference between book, bond, and cover basis weights . all this newfangled metric stuff has me bamboozled . . . but we still love that machine!!!!

Yeah . . . I'm a luddite that still knows how to spec stock the old way . . . the difference between book, bond, and cover basis weights . all this newfangled metric stuff has me bamboozled

Me, too! But, then, we have to be, don't we? I applaud the effort to attempt to standardize paper weights to grams per square meter, but, I can honestly say that I've never had a customer request a job on "218.22 gsm gloss" (80 lb Gloss Cover). lol :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back