Versant 3100 and 180

I questioned the RAM when we got our Versant 2100, 4 gigs is not a lot especially with it being a cheap and easy upgrade. They stated the computer was made for it and that was all I would need. I have contemplated throughing more RAM in, but not sure it it will make any noticeable difference so just leaving it as is.

I would love to see them move to an SSD rather then a standard hard drive, would make a huge difference just starting up and loading and anything that is accessing the hard drive.

You must have got the EX. The EX-P has 16GB. I am surprised the EX only has 4GB though.

You must have got the EX. The EX-P has 16GB. I am surprised the EX only has 4GB though.

Yes we have the EX, it is the base model for the 2100 I believe and is enough for what we do. Still when you look at the price of a 2100 and look at the computer they supply, it is pretty cheap and a few small upgrades like RAM and SSD would leave a the user with a much better experience which pays off in the end when you have a happy customer. Not a huge deal, I do not lose sleep over it and things work fine.

Xerox did release the Versant 3100 and Versant 180 today. Both are capable of simplex printing 13" x 26" . . .

https://www.xerox.com/digital-printi...3100/enus.html
https://www.xerox.com/digital-printi...-180/enus.html

We signed a contact on a 2100 last week (for delivery in June) with an agreement that if the 3100 came out and we wanted it we could switch.
We're waiting to hear back from our rep to see if the pricing is reasonable . . . .

The 2100 does 13x26 printing as well.

I can't find anything different on the 3100.

I did find one difference. The 3100 has a spectrophototmeter built in like the J75, something the 2100 should have had in my opinion, instead of the FWA.

The 2100 does 13x26 printing as well.

I can't find anything different on the 3100.

I was at a print show in Toronto on the weekend and asked a Xerox rep about the 3100. He said the engine was exactly the same as the 2100, just different finishing options for the 3100 and a newer faster RIP. Hardly worth a name upgrade, you would think it would be faster at least.

I was at a print show in Toronto on the weekend and asked a Xerox rep about the 3100. He said the engine was exactly the same as the 2100, just different finishing options for the 3100 and a newer faster RIP. Hardly worth a name upgrade, you would think it would be faster at least.

I would have thought something along the lines of Versant 2200 would have been more appropriate. I would love to know if the creasing, and folding is good for critical quality work, or if it is intended for office jobs. We do tons of brochures with very heavy coverage that have to crease and fold precisely. I somehow doubt this would do that, but I would love to be surprised.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back