DigitalPrintRepublic.com is shutting down on New Year's Eve

G

"sayonara suckers" is what the forum operator posted. Kind of sad to see it end with a comment like that.

DPR was a great resource for HP Indigo users and has a deep archive of discussion and solutions for Indigos. I'm no longer an Indigo user, but there are many out there. Too bad all of that great information may now be lost.

I'd like to be the first to welcome any of them that show up here.

Hello Kringle,

My bad. I was expecting an announcement on the home page. Once I got into the HP Indigo Forum I got the sad news...

"The question about billing was not about making money or covering costs- it was about the perceived value amongst the users, 80% said they wouldn't pay less than a coffee a month to keep presses rolling- when the press is down what does it cost??

So this thing is not valued. So I'm taking my ball and going home."

WOW.... did you see the home page! This guy is not happy with the users response to the survey...

"Digital Print Republic was an independent, international and comprehensive resource for the commercial colour digital printing industry, but after 15 years of free service only 5% of users thought it was worth the price of a coffee. So f**k them." (But it's not censored).

Looks like he is starting a facebook group to protect the knowledge base, so that is cool.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back