paper stuck on blanket hp indigo press 3050

omamo

Recently acquired a hp indigo press 3000 upgraded to 3050. Tried run>maintainance to check transport. USED substrate 420 by 300 .paper getting stuck on blanket and in between the drum and BID.see picture. Have tried adjustment of feeder roller with also software adjustment.No luck. Am missing something. Kindly help.

Its not a static issue. Appears that the substrate is either missing the grippers or the stop station is not working properly. My substrate is sticking to the blanket 70-75mm from the metal grips on blanket or about 30-35 mm from where it should be hitting the blanket.

Been a while since we had and indigo, it was a Turbo1000 and paper sticking to the blanket is a real bug a boo. As i recall there is or was a 'release layer" that facilitates 100% in transfer to the sheet. I am assuming that your press was ready to print and the blanket was up to temp. You can try scrubbing the blanket with imaging oil . . otherwise just change the blanket and check the transport without heating up the blanket . . . that is one of the toughest parts of running the indigo IMHO we know have a Ricoh 7100 and are much happire these days

I do not have the machine up to temp or have the chiller on...i can not get a sheet to pass through in transport mode. I can change perfector and conveyor settings but substrate still sticks to blanket. I too am running a 3050.

Update.. I was finally able to get the machine running. Checked the stop stations but that was not it, adjusted the stop fingers, cleaned the sensors and reloaded software but still no change. So I went back to counter check the IMP and ITM drum timing. Lo and behold the red dot that I used for timing on the IMP drum was actually MAGENTA ink!!! Funny enough my drum didnt have the red mark. So I opened the conveyor and and fortunately saw the red mark from below the drum and aligned it to the ITM drum and now its printing. Thanks for all your inputs.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back