what works for my needs

We actually have not made a move on a press
If you haven't already, consider reaching out to your local Konica rep for a demo on the C1100. These have been rock solid machines for my customers. And with the specials we are running right now, you can almost get two for the same price as one Canon 10000 so you can have redundancy.

jwheeler,
I've considered that in the past, but always end up avoiding them because I like to keep an eye on the prints. Doing an occasional quality check throughout the run can prevent a lot of expensive paper for recycling. Are there any options to deal with that like a proof sheet that would be output to the regular stacker every X# of copies throughout the run?

Are there any options to deal with that like a proof sheet that would be output to the regular stacker every X# of copies throughout the run?

printing656...Yes you can! It's very easy if you have a Fiery controller. In Command Workstation, click on the "Device Center" tab at the top. Then click on "Configure" in the bottom right corner. In the new window, click on "Job Management" from the list on the left. Then click on "Sample Print". You will see a field that you can fill in for "Every X printed sheet" At the bottom, you can select the sub tray to output to. I hope that helps!

Thanks jwheeler. I see the options are there. I suppose there's no way to test this unless we have a 506 as well?

The SD-506 booklet maker...? No you would not need that for sample sheets. The FS-532 has two output trays. You can select the sub tray instead of the main tray for the sample sheets.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back