Landa S10 Cost Per Impression Thoughts

I think your pretty wrong here. To me they would have to have a click charge significantly lower than the iGen or indigo. From everything I read, with what they're wanting to do, they need to shoot for offset cost per impression to the 20 and 30 THOUSAND impression marks. To me it does no good to have a machine that can run like the heidelbergs of the cost is still going to be the same as running an iGen. All it means is your getting to the end of a run faster. Which is good, but I don't see there being a huge need for that except in just a few companies.

Now if a company can use it to do massive variable data jobs AND static long runs that would normally be done offset, then we're talking something spectacular.

I see your point and the more i look into it I think you are right the website is claiming that it will be cheaper than your other digital formats.

the website also seems to be pushing it for packaging that is what they are mostly talking about on there. It supposedly can do everything from regular text weight up to corrugated stocks.

I just noticed that at InfoTrends in Dec 2016, Komori stated that their version of the S10, the NS40 will be fully available in the Spring of 2018 after NS40 is finished its beta testing at a printer in Belgium with Landa.

Am I understanding this correctly? Komori is beta testing a brand new press design at 'a' printer (as in singular) and then will be ready to release the press. Sounds like everybody receiving an NS40 in Spring of 2018 will be beta testers too.

Am I understanding this correctly? Komori is beta testing a brand new press design at 'a' printer (as in singular) and then will be ready to release the press. Sounds like everybody receiving an NS40 in Spring of 2018 will be beta testers too.

I believe that Landa will be beta testing its version of the press at several printers, so there will be testing done at more than one printer even though the Komori design is not exactly the same as Landa's. I am assuming the function of these presses is basically the same.

I don't know the exact details but Komori is making the feeder and delivery on the Landa machine as well. I would also think that the whole paper handling inside the machine is also done by Komori except of course the ink laying part. So there should be quite a lot of common parts in both machines. Anyway Komori being traditional Japanese company in a sense that they want to be 100% about a product before they release it would make sense that they release their version after Landa, who probably has huge pressure to start selling the product.

I believe that Landa will be beta testing its version of the press at several printers, so there will be testing done at more than one printer even though the Komori design is not exactly the same as Landa's. I am assuming the function of these presses is basically the same.

In a Printweek article about the selling of the Landa metallography technology to Altana, there are some interesting comments from Benny Landa at the end of the article about the first Beta testing of their press.

http://www.printweek.com/print-week/news/1160397/landa-sells-metallography-tech-to-ldp-investor

It seems there is a bit more of a delay. The first testing at a printer will be in the summer of 2017 and not at the beginning of the year as first reported.

Interesting that one of the reasons for selling the metallography tech was to put more effort into the Nanography tech. Maybe a better reason to sell was to improve the financial position.

Ah Erik, you read the tea leaves well.

In this case however the tea is not oolong, it is SO LONG. And everyone is getting a taste!

D

The first two years of the Komori LS press were utter rubbish. You'd have been a lot better off with the last years of the L series. Integrating a completely new ink application methodology with existing systems sounds like a much more daunting task than the relatively incremental changes made between the last L and the first LS presses. That seems like a really shoddy approach to an unproven technology . . . or the presses are much further off than 2018 and they're just full of it. The latter is my guess.

Israeli vehicle less ink. I think it perhaps could be on one of those 7 newly discovered planets. But I kind of doubt it.

D

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back