Pause Option in Fiery Command Workstation on Fiery FS100 for Xerox J75

I actually just remembered when we had a creo that had a resume option for canceled jobs. I remember it being helpful when we had to stop a variable data job and restart it.

@jpfulton248, If you cancel the job at the machine or the fiery, you can then go into the "Logs" section at the command workstation. There you can view all of the details of the job including how many were ran so far. You might have to scroll over to the right a bit as there are many columns of information.

This i did not know about actually. I'll check this out next time we are doing a job that is long enough to warrant it.

Along the same lines, we'd like the ability to suspend/pause a given job, be able to run other jobs that are pending, and then resume the suspended job where it left off. This seems like a simple thing to do, yet it is not an option in the Fiery system. What we have to do now is make note where the job status is (copy yy of xx), then cancel the job and adjust the print quantity to compensate.

Along the same lines, we'd like the ability to suspend/pause a given job, be able to run other jobs that are pending, and then resume the suspended job where it left off. This seems like a simple thing to do, yet it is not an option in the Fiery system. What we have to do now is make note where the job status is (copy yy of xx), then cancel the job and adjust the print quantity to compensate.

ecgraphics3005...This is easily achieved in the Fiery Command Workstation. When you right click on the job you need to sneak in, instead of clicking print, select "Rush Print". This will wait for the next set to complete, or next 30 pages (whichever comes first) and then begin the job you just sent. The printer will automatically continue the interrupted job after the "Rushed Print" completes. This feature is standard on all Fiery's except the model E100 S10e.

Closest I have seen is what I have on my Ricoh called "Suspend" in my Fiery section, it halts the job and allows the printer to go into sleep mode but the fiery and printer has to stay on. The next morning I hit Resume and it picks up where it left off from.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back