Xerox removed colour drums from online ordering??

wonderings

I normally order supplies for our Versant 2100 via the Xerox website. It is nice and easy, I click a few buttons and I get what I need, i.e. waste containers, colour drums and toner (toner auto replenishes). Today I needed to order a colour drum and some waste containers and found the drums were not longer on the list of supplies I can order. Anyone else notice this? Just wondering if it is only me or if they have done this across the board for this item.

It must be only you as I was just online and ordered 8 color drums for the Versant 2100.

It must be only you as I was just online and ordered 8 color drums for the Versant 2100.

Will have to contact them the old fashion way through the phones and see what is up. I am sure they took away features to make my life simpler!

On our 1000i we have to have the tech's order our drums and fuser webs. Kinda a pain.

On our 1000i we have to have the tech's order our drums and fuser webs. Kinda a pain.

I get anything with the fuser on our Versant, nothing in there seems like something I could easily swap in and out. Colour drums on the other hand are a 1 min swap and meant to be user replaceable. Not something I should need to call a tech for. When I can spare some time going to give Xerox a call and see whats going on.

I get anything with the fuser on our Versant, nothing in there seems like something I could easily swap in and out. Colour drums on the other hand are a 1 min swap and meant to be user replaceable. Not something I should need to call a tech for. When I can spare some time going to give Xerox a call and see whats going on.

I get what your saying except for a fuser web in the 1000i is probably the easiest thing to change other than toner. You literally push 2 buttons and it pops out and the new one slides in. Apparently my techs had been changing them when they were at their threshold and figured I was getting auto replenishment on them like waste containers. Well I can't even order them and so a few months ago I was in a pickle when the machine shut down and said I needed to replace the fuser belt. I didn't have any left in my parts cabinet. Needless to say I got one overnighted and we now are on the same page with them.

As far as changing parts in the 1000i, I can do a lot of it. I can rebuild the whole fuser, belt, rollers, ect. Xerox and my techs are very welcoming to me doing any of the work on the machine that I can. Usually when something goes wrong, its a tech coming in, but for things like torn fuser belt, bad rollers somewhere, etc, they don't even know something happened until I give them a call asking them to show the part used and to get some backups back in the parts cabinet.

No Title

I just checked right now and the color drums are still listed for me.

Attachments

• photo6300.jpg
    photo6300.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 192

We order the fuser webs for our 1000's...The techs order the drums actually since we hardly see the tech I just call his cell and tell him to reorder when we are running low. We also do pretty much all the maintenance on the machines - fuser, developer, filters, belts, etc.....

Last edited:
Just curious, not in the digital world yet, how often do the drums and fuser belt have to be changed? You pay for those parts or are they in the service agreements?
Thanks

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back