Konica Minolta 1060 VRS 1060L is there really a difference?

swaggen

1)What do you think the actual internal differences are between the production and Light production version?
2)300,000 Duty Cycle to be taking literally?
3)Can the 1060 Hang with what I print?

Here is what I print a month :

50k pages a month 11x17 duplex printing 67 lb card stock and printing quality needs to be OK. Nothing Special.

100k-125k 20 lb paper Some color. Printing quality needs to be OK. Nothing Special.

The KM 1060 a good fit for this?

The L version is the same as the normal one, just limited in upgrade options. Once you have an L, you can't just put any input or output modules onto that. There is a very limited set of feeders and staplers available. The engine itself is the same. Quality is top-notch, but your 170k might be a strech for it.

Don't get hung up on duty cycle. Look at the print speed for the paper weight/sheet size and see if it fits your production schedule needs. Almost every manufactures ppm/duty cycles are for letter size text weight. Completely unrealistic in the print for pay world.

The engines are identical.
Finishing options and feed options are the only difference... 'L' version there is no available notions.
With you volume if would look at the non l version and suction feed draws...

What would be the unit to handle the volume?

I would suggest 1085 with PF 707 paper cabinet with vacuum feed, HM 101 humidification unit (when you print thin stock offset or copy paper it is curling and specially in duplex) and stacking unit LS 506.

This is optimum for jobs you mentioned.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back