Konica Minolta Bizhub C6500, C6000, and C1060 - Any real differences at their core?

swaggen

My Printing quality needs are average. Nothing special, Im looking for durability and relativity low consumables cost.

I know the c1060 is solid, I cant find much wrong with the C6000 or C6500. Anyone disagree with that?

Yup, had the C6000 and can tell you it is SLOW if you are doing any production at all. Registration is all over the place. Color is pretty consistent once you get it dialed in though!

Hi Swaggen
Interesting post.
C6500 is a discontinued model as it is so old
C6000 although still available to purchase is old technology and if you are in the market for a new device i wouldn't consider this.
C1060 this model has just being superseded...with C2060...
However from a productivity perceptive.. with the C1060 (C2060) you will achieve a significantly higher production volume even though the speed is identical. This is through efficiencies of the device and downtime..
I hope this helps
Cods70

We started off in the color digital years ago on an Ikon C650 (a re-branded C6500). It was fairly decent color for it's time. Registration was all over the place, though. It also went through fusers pretty fast. There was, in my opinion, a design flaw in the fusers: the gears were all a non-sturdy plastic material, and, the excess toner would grind the teeth down to where they would no longer interlock with it's accompanying plastic gears. As Cods70 indicated, it is very ancient technology (probably first generation color digital production press). If you were to get ahold of one, not sure you could find parts for it.

I just wondering, if i buy PF707,will my C1060 can handle media up to 350gsm?

No. Though the PF-707 is compatible with KM engines that do support 350gsm, like the C1100, C1085, and now the C2070 and C2060, with which it does support 350gsm, it does not with the C1060.

[Full disclosure: I work for KM.]

No. Though the PF-707 is compatible with KM engines that do support 350gsm, like the C1100, C1085, and now the C2070 and C2060, with which it does support 350gsm, it does not with the C1060.

[Full disclosure: I work for KM.]

i guess i have to stick with my original plan C1085. but it will cost me a fortune. :(

i guess i have to stick with my original plan C1085. but it will cost me a fortune. :(

Maybe not. If it's just about 350gsm support, take a look at the C2070 or C2060 with the PF-707. Though they do slow down with heavier substrates, what's your monthly print volume? What's your peak print volume? What's your hardest deadline?

The C1085 is a robust print engine that doesn't slow down for the thickest sheets, but maybe you can save money by looking at the new models. And if you're talking to KM direct, remember - March is a good time to negotiate. It's the end of their fiscal year.

Steve0 is correct about talking to KM direct, remember - March is a good time to negotiate. It's the end of their fiscal year. Ask sale about demo machines. they can save thousands $$$ and they are usually loaded with all goodies. or settle for a 1070 Konica loves to make crazy deals on older yet still new machines in inventory. I have a 1070 with 707 drawers and worth every penny when they are dialed in correctly.

My average monthly volume around 50k.i know you will say that C1085 is overkill for my monthly volume.

For the previous 6 years, i always outsource my work to the other printer. But since i'm moving back to my hometown, i'm planning to set up a digital print production house and will offer a competitive price to printing broker. So, i'm confident that i'll build up my monthly volume.

But,here in my location,monthly rental (outright buying scheme) between C1060 and C1085 will be justified if i have minimum monthly volume around 30k. In fact i will get a much better meter click rate.

I've seen people going through 350 gsm paper with their C1060 without problems. Just don't tell it to the techs when they exchange the drums second time on the same week... :)) Also, we tested an older 6000 just out of curiosity. It was in top-notch condition, refurbished by KM, ready to be reselled: and it was a perfect machine indeed. The caveat here is the availability of the parts. They say there will be service and coverage until 2019, IMHO you can get a letter any day about "no longer available" everything. Then you can shop around on ebay and aliexpress. The C1085/1100 is a beast, but comes at a price you can only match with a lot of high-profiled jobs. Under 50K/month it's an overkill.

The company I work for acquired 2-C6500's & 4-950's when we bought another company. When either of those machines go down & needs parts, it takes roughly 3 weeks to get them. A quick look on Ebay showed me that the Fiery RIPs on the 6500's are pretty much worth the same as the entire printer. :-\

We also have a C6000 & a C754e.I use theC 6000 for more color critical work. When running duplex the registration is lousy & its no speed demon. The C754 was supposed to help take some of the pressure off the 6000, it turned out to be quite a workhorse. Despite being an office machine (so I was told), it's only been down 2 times for a major breakdown. We DO have to call more frequently for PMs. The machine is a toner pig & we go through a lot of waste toner containers. We mainly run 20lb-24lb paper through it.

I just wondering, if i buy PF707,will my C1060 can handle media up to 350gsm?
I have had 4 C1060/1070's over the past 4 years, and all of them with PF-707's.
I buy them used with very low meters and replace them every year with similar machines.
Although the C1060 is not rated for anything above 300 gsm, I run 350 gsm 13x19's all day, auto duplexed.
I ran 5,000 sheets just yesterday, with no changes to the tray settings.
I also run 14pt and 16pt card stock, auto duplexed, on an occasional basis, with very few jam issues.

I have had 4 C1060/1070's over the past 4 years, and all of them with PF-707's.
I buy them used with very low meters and replace them every year with similar machines.
Although the C1060 is not rated for anything above 300 gsm, I run 350 gsm 13x19's all day, auto duplexed.
I ran 5,000 sheets just yesterday, with no changes to the tray settings.
I also run 14pt and 16pt card stock, auto duplexed, on an occasional basis, with very few jam issues.

Hey! I like your screen name!! I am an independent tech company in Riverside, Ca that specializes in KM production machines if you ever need any assistance.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back