Standard Finishing
4Over

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New KM AccurioPress

Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New KM AccurioPress

    We are currently looking at updating some of our Digitals (currently running KM C7000 and KM C8000) Has anyone installed or had any experience with the New AccurioPress C2070?
    Also looking at Xerox V2100 or 800i? any help (experience) would be greatly appreciated

  • #2
    Hi Manafaith
    I work for KM. With regards to the AccurioPress 2070 there is no installs within Australia yet.
    With what you are upgrading from there will be a significant improvement moving to C2070 this machine is a second generation C1070 which was a complete rebuild. However i would suggest you look at the C1085/1100 if you are considering the V2100 or 800i. Contact your local dealer to discuss demo.
    Good luck
    Cods70

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for the input. I will be flying over to Seattle next week to demo both presses...might wind up replacing both machines if the deal is right with KM. Haven't looked at xerox in years though and I am interested in seeing what they have to offer. My local Fuji rep is helping out with a demo on those machines...probably in Chicago and I may even take a peek at Ricoh. Seems like there are so many new options out there and everybody has strong opinions (good or bad) of each .... just trying to do my due diligence on this one.

      Comment


      • #4
        Manafaith, like you already know, service is what really counts. I demoed a Ricoh 7100, and while the engineering was impressive, the demo quality was lacking. I'm sure it should be good, but it just wasn't up to par that day. I also looked at the KM2070. It's still such a new version that there aren't many installed yet. There are a few improvements over the previous 1070/1060, but higher envelope print speed and thicker substrate handling pop out. How did your demo go?

        Comment


        • #5
          Not sure how all the machines compare to each other but I CAN positively advise not to get an 800i. If you are going that route spend the extra money and just get the 1000i. The 800 will drive you crazy while you are running as you just stand there thinking.... I could be running 20% faster. In fact, unless you are running clear or metallic often, I would advise to just get an older straight 800 or 1000 from somewhere like x-digital.com. You'll save a ton of money on the purchase price and they can put it on Xerox contract if you prefer.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DesignFan View Post
            Manafaith, like you already know, service is what really counts. I demoed a Ricoh 7100, and while the engineering was impressive, the demo quality was lacking. I'm sure it should be good, but it just wasn't up to par that day. I also looked at the KM2070. It's still such a new version that there aren't many installed yet. There are a few improvements over the previous 1070/1060, but higher envelope print speed and thicker substrate handling pop out. How did your demo go?
            Demo didn't go well. Plane broke down and by the time I got there i had 45 minutes before they had to haul me back to the airport. They are taking me to Aneheim next week to see everything Konica can throw at me including an MGI. Just got back from Fuji in Chicago and have to say that the Versant 2100 was a pleasant surprise (plus it was very cool to see all of the other amazing toys Fuji has if ya wanna drop a few Million). Our Ricoh Sales force in my region seem to be so low key I'm not sure if I will ever get a demo outa them or not but currently Fuji/Xerox is in the lead.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Manafaith View Post

              Demo didn't go well. Plane broke down and by the time I got there i had 45 minutes before they had to haul me back to the airport. They are taking me to Aneheim next week to see everything Konica can throw at me including an MGI. Just got back from Fuji in Chicago and have to say that the Versant 2100 was a pleasant surprise (plus it was very cool to see all of the other amazing toys Fuji has if ya wanna drop a few Million). Our Ricoh Sales force in my region seem to be so low key I'm not sure if I will ever get a demo outa them or not but currently Fuji/Xerox is in the lead.

              It might (or, might not) interest you to know that Fuji is the technological leader and innovator behind the rendering and print quality of most digital presses available today, regardless of manufacturer. Several years back they invented, and, patented the VCSEL technology. That technology is not only used in the Xerox 800/1000 line but also the Versant 80/2100 line. They've since allowed other competitive manufacturers to incorporate that technology into their digital presses. I'm pretty sure they did not sell the patent, so, I'm assuming they get some sort of royalties or fees from their competitors for the use of the technology, or, otherwise have to buy the manufactured VCSEL's from Fuji...........

              We have had (2) Versant 2100's pushing out over 300,000 pages per month for the last 3 years. If our business continues to grow as it has been, I will probably add a 3rd in the next year. Quality is excellent, service is awesome, and down time has been minimal.

              Full disclosure: We are a print and marketing services provider and not connected, or associated with Xerox, Fuji, or any other equipment manufacturer.
              Last edited by MailGuru; 04-07-2017, 11:45 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                We started out about 12 years ago with Fuji/Xerox but the service in our area was so bad that we could barely keep the equipment running. Made the switch to KM about 6 years ago because the 2 Service guys Were AMAZING. Since then one has retired and the other probably isn't to far away so I have a feeling KM service is gonna tank. YES....I have to say that I was quite impressed with the V2100. It looks like a fantastic machine and the registration was sweet. Still wouldn't mind seeing the Ricoh but it almost feels like I have to beg them to set it up.
                Last edited by Manafaith; 04-07-2017, 06:14 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'd look closer at the registration of the V2100. We have two and the registration problems have been the biggest problem with the machine. Yes it's got the FWA that will create an alignment profile but we have to run that every time we use a paper, even multiple times a day for the same paper. It doesn't hold. If you want to test the registration do some very long runs. Check both front to back and sheet to sheet. Other than that it is a pretty good machine. We put a lot of volume on ours and rarely have image problems that aren't solved by replacing a basic consumable part. The big problems for us are registration and our service isn't great.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well thats kind of a bummer to hear.....The registration was so good at my demo but I didn't run much in the way of quantity. Well I guess it cant be much worse than my two KM's

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jrsc View Post
                      I'd look closer at the registration of the V2100. We have two and the registration problems have been the biggest problem with the machine. Yes it's got the FWA that will create an alignment profile but we have to run that every time we use a paper, even multiple times a day for the same paper. It doesn't hold. If you want to test the registration do some very long runs. Check both front to back and sheet to sheet. Other than that it is a pretty good machine. We put a lot of volume on ours and rarely have image problems that aren't solved by replacing a basic consumable part. The big problems for us are registration and our service isn't great.
                      We have had similar experience with ours. It registers pretty good, but not as good as an offset press, which is what was advertised. I find it very similar to our C75.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        We have been using the AccurioPress 2070 for 2 months now with Creo as a front end. Registration is very good and constant, color is even and accurate. Media handling is somewhat tricky - there are many settings that you may play with including Fuser temperature, air density, speed on the 2nd side (on the fuser) and more but once you have the right ones - and saved these in the paper profile, feeding will perform without jams. Envelope printing is very easy and very fast (with the envelope fuser)

                        On the negative side, the Press is very new and there are a few glitch with the Creo - online creaser is supposed to crease up to 4 positions on a sheet, it will only make one (they are working on the issue) - page size that you can print has some limitations - you cannot send business cards 2 x 3.5 inches without an error, you have to send the file larger - say 4 x 5.5 and set the right page size on the rip and then impose - preview may show a landscape document but it will print portrait - few minor things that need to get used to.

                        We have been Xerox customers for decades and it is our first non Xerox equipment and overall we are very satisfied with our purchase - not saying that xerox offering is not good but money did talk this time. One other thing, Service is good - no issue there.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I didn't even know Creo was still around.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yes Creo is now supported by Kodak

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DiVision View Post
                              Yes Creo is now supported by Kodak
                              Well they have been for 10+ years but I haven't seen a lot of new digital printers sell with a Creo option in about 5 years.

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Static HTML Module

                              Collapse

                              Static HTML Module Content
                              4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBAUltimateTharstern
                              CanonDuploStandard FinishingSmartsoft (Presswise)KBA

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 5582 users online. 128 members and 5454 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

                              Working...
                              X