Ricoh / Xante Toner?

G

Does anybody know the Ricoh version model number of the Xante IMPRESSIA toner? I've got a chance to get a bunch of Ricoh toner at a great rate that APPEARS it would fit in the Xante. I know the chips are different but I've got a bunch of old Xante toners with chips that still don't read empty. Seems I could swap them out and run them on the Ricoh toners???

Is this an option for me??? ... It would save me a lot of money if it works.

Kringle, I'll just say this one thing, and then I'll keep my mouth shut: Those who play with matches, usually get burned.

Kringle, I'll just say this one thing, and then I'll keep my mouth shut: Those who play with matches, usually get burned.

If swapping toners is equivalent to playing with matches..... Then I've been juggling fire! LOL :cool:

OK.... so you think it's a bad idea. Did you have a bad experience with that? It's a ricoh machine with what appears to be the exact same toner cartridges as other ricoh machines. The only difference to my knowledge is the reset chip in the cartridge. Does anybody know if that is not the case?

I could be wrong, but, I was under the impression that the Xante Impressia is running on an Oki engine. That means that, theoretically, the toner should be a different particle size, shape, electrical charge, and melting point than the Ricoh toner.

"Bad Experience"? You bet! Totally trashed the engine on an Ikon C650 (re-branded KM C6500) by swapping toner from a Xerox DC5000 many many years ago. Everything inside the C650 had to be pulled, trashed, and replaced

I could be wrong, but, I was under the impression that the Xante Impressia is running on an Oki engine. That means that, theoretically, the toner should be a different particle size, shape, electrical charge, and melting point than the Ricoh toner.

"Bad Experience"? You bet! Totally trashed the engine on an Ikon C650 (re-branded KM C6500) by swapping toner from a Xerox DC5000 many many years ago. Everything inside the C650 had to be pulled, trashed, and replaced

WOW.... sorry to hear that. I can understand your perspective much better given your experience.

The Xante ILLUMINA is the OKI printer whereas the IMPRESSIA is a rebranded Ricoh. Pretty sure that there are not two different toner formulas for the same printer, so mine is much less of a gamble than the one you took.

Either way, I appreciate your input and experience in the area.

The Impressia is a Ricoh C820DN. All ricoh parts work in it fine expect the toner. I too would like to know if there is a difference or not. I do know that the impressia toner is a 'fuse once' toner, so that could very well be the difference, as I've never seen anything about that claimed on the Ricoh printers.

That being said, I would say you are pretty safe to run the Ricoh toner, as more of that toner is run in these printers than the Impressia toner...

4 Reset Chips for Xante Impressia Multi-Media Press Toner Cartridge: $70 + Toner for Ricoh Aficio SP C820DN C821DN SPC820DN SPC821DN 821026: $150 = $220 toner and chips
I will test it out on Monday. :)

4 Reset Chips for Xante Impressia Multi-Media Press Toner Cartridge: $70 + Toner for Ricoh Aficio SP C820DN C821DN SPC820DN SPC821DN 821026: $150 = $220 toner and chips
I will test it out on Monday. :)

FYI, the toners are not the same, so this will work as you are tricking the printer, but there may be long term problems running the wrong toner with the wrong settings. For example, with the Xante toner and software envelopes run a bit faster. A stock Ricoh 820 runs them considerably slower....

Keep us posted, I'm all for fiddling, but I'm done with it now, just running Xante toner...

[h=1]Ricoh 3 Color Drum Unit SP C820DN 403116 and Ricoh 403115 Black Drum Aficio SP C820DN
It working on the xante impressia. :)

Do not buy the toner on ebay
for Ricoh Aficio SP C820DN C821DN SPC820DN SPC821DN 821026 $150
less than half a toner (see photo). Seriously disappointed.[/h]
Buy the Ricoh sp c820 Black Toner Cartridge, 20000 Yield (821026)
https://www.amazon.com/Ricoh-Black-...&qid=1532399127&sr=1-3&keywords=ricoh+sp+c820

4 Reset Chips for Xante Impressia Multi-Media Press Toner Cartridge:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-x-Reset-...ridge-Refill/222758133134?hash=item33dd6b5d8e
$70 buy on ebay (working good)

aaatoner --- do not buy the Toner Refill for Xante Impressia Digital Multi-Media Press. ( little toner disappointed )

Attachments

• photo7800.jpg
    photo7800.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 357
  • photo7801.jpg
    photo7801.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 271
  • photo7802.jpg
    photo7802.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 293
  • photo7803.jpg
    photo7803.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 271
FYI, the toners are not the same, so this will work as you are tricking the printer, but there may be long term problems running the wrong toner with the wrong settings. For example, with the Xante toner and software envelopes run a bit faster. A stock Ricoh 820 runs them considerably slower....

Keep us posted, I'm all for fiddling, but I'm done with it now, just running Xante toner...

Give me one year to test the toner. :) I'll let you know.

IIRC, the previous Xante machine ran on an Oki engine, but the Impressia has the Ricoh engine. Xante probably has the machine rigged so that it won't run with anything but their toners. We had another envelope printer (another brand) that had an Oki engine, and the Oki tech had to swap out the motherboard. He put in a regular Oki motherboard and the thing wouldn't work, so he had to get a "branded" motherboard. They've got their software all rigged together so you have to use their stuff.

We did manage to use other toners in that machine for a while, but not for long. If this works for you, more power to you. This rebranding business and charging three times as much for consumables is aggravating, to say the least.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back