Grainy looking ink on my Indigo 7500

DannyB

I have been struggling with my ink on my 7500 specifically my magenta and cyan. I have re-built the inks multiple times and it seems to help for a little while but then they eventually go back to looking like crap. The only thing I can think of is that the Tic boards are going bad. Is there any thing else that could be causing a grainy look like that. to give a better visual idea it looks like what you would get on a offset press if you did not have proper blanket pressure.

Hello Danny,

Do you have any photos? If you have a USB microscope it would be good to see some pictures.

How old is your blanket?

Im not sure how to upload pictures on here but my blanket is good my pip is good did a oil change replaced bids and re -built inks. When I change bids it helps a little bit and when I re-build ink it looks good for a little while then it comes back. It seems to be a conductivity issue. I had my tech in here twice to help me re-build inks mainly because I don't have a hand held conductivity meter.

need pics
click on camera icon
if no device to capture (i.e. USB microshot), try your phone over a loupe with greatest magnification you got.

Have you taken the cover off of the ink pump to clean the conductivity sensor? Did you reload the ink files when you rebuilt? You could also set your optical density a bit higher when you colour calibrate - (this is not a long term solution, just a quick fix)

I have a new development. I have been thinking inks because when I re-build the ink it seems to be ok for awhile but yesterday I changed the blanket and the pip and it started doing it again. when I was talking to the Hp guy over the computer he didnt know what to say and while I was talking to him without doing anything it just started printing right again.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back