Used Digital Machine Decision HP, XEROX, KM ???

GIC

Hello fellow printers.
I'm currently in the market for a used digital press and I'm trying to get some recommendations and feedback from owners. The machines I am considering are:
  • HP Indigo 5000
  • Xerox Versant 80
  • Xerox Versant 2100
  • Xerox Docuprint 180
  • Xerox Nuvera 120
  • Xerox iGen 3
  • Xerox 800
  • Konica Minolta C1070
  • Ricoh/Savin C651EX
We run 300GSM - 350GSM Duplex 12x18 almost exclusively and our duty cycle is around 100k - 150k per month. Any feedback you could give on issues you've had, maintenance requests, click costs etc. would be greatly appreciated.

I'll let you get prepared for whats to come.

This is what you are going to hear.

"With those volumes and the weight you are wanting to run, along with he level of machine your looking at (high end production) you should look at something brand new and get on a maintenance agreement with Xerox, KM, HP ect."

I don't understand the mix of your choices. The Nuvera and the Docuprint are both black and white monochrome printers. Are you looking for color, or b&w?

With those volumes and the weight you are wanting to run, along with he level of machine your looking at (high end production) you should look at something brand new and get on a maintenance agreement with Xerox, KM, HP ect.

We looked at leasing an new machine, but really like the fact that we would not be needing to pay a lease price in addition to the maintenance contract.

MailGuru I must have missed that when reading over everything. We are looking for a color machine.

If you're buying used your click charge will be higher than that of a brand new machine and with your proposed volume the difference could possibly be more than a lease.

If you're buying used your click charge will be higher than that of a brand new machine and with your proposed volume the difference could possibly be more than a lease.

This is something we are taking into account. Once we decide on what model machine would work good for our application we will weigh that option against it.

Printastic Please message me with pricing and location. Perhaps we can start a conversation about it.

With that volume I suppose there come some deadline constraints, too. That said, you might need TWO machines, if you're really thinking about running without a service contract. A backup is vital, since you won't have 4-hour service response and parts ready all the time. I would go with two smallish, cheap machines like the KM C1060/C1070. They're not specced to run 350 gsm, though (but said to be capable handling that).

True Story: We replaced an off-lease Xerox 8000AP with a new Xerox Versant 2100. The click charge savings on the new machine versus the old machine wiped out the lease payment on the Versant 2100 (the savings in clicks made the V2100 virtually free)

I would give the Ricoh 7100/9100 a good look over running that thick of stock, 100,000 sheets a month is nothing to sneeze at and Ricoh has been aggressive with pricing for new accounts.

Check with an HP rep. They have a little advertised HP 3600 press that is sold to compete with the Ricohs, Konicas, Canons etc. It is actually an HP5500 that is slightly stripped down that sells for about half the price of a 5500 series press (same parts, operations, etc.) It's quite a deal - it's about $2900 a month and includes all maintenance and has a reduced click rate...

Hello fellow printers.
I'm currently in the market for a used digital press and I'm trying to get some recommendations and feedback from owners. The machines I am considering are:
  • HP Indigo 5000
  • Xerox Versant 80
  • Xerox Versant 2100
  • Xerox Docuprint 180
  • Xerox Nuvera 120
  • Xerox iGen 3
  • Xerox 800
  • Konica Minolta C1070
  • Ricoh/Savin C651EX
We run 300GSM - 350GSM Duplex 12x18 almost exclusively and our duty cycle is around 100k - 150k per month. Any feedback you could give on issues you've had, maintenance requests, click costs etc. would be greatly appreciated.
I recommend getiing a used iGen 3/4 . If you would like help or have questions give me a call 714-292-6912. I train customers self maintenance on the iGen family, so that cuts your click charge.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back