Need opinion on Canon ImagePress printers

My company is considering purchasing a Canon ImagePress (C850 or 10000). The prints the salesman brings look awesomely beautiful. I'm wondering if the quality from the machine will hold up over time. Also, are the ImagePress machines reliable or can I expect regular downtime for service? We are a printing company that currently runs two HP 7800 presses and are looking for a lower-priced alternative to offer.

Any feedback on the ImagePress machines would be appreciated.

We got a 10k in December. I've got 1,040,307 impressions on it as of this moment. I've had 1 PM at 500k and a minor service for a motor that came unplugged (likely was loose from shipping). The registration has been great, and it prints really well on all stocks.
We also got a 750 as a backup/office machine. The 750 has great print quality, but if you purchase one absolutely get the added paper deck(s). The bypass tray is absolutely terrible, and the guides float, so registration is terrible on it. It can only pull up to 80#C from the standard trays, so you'll want the extra paper deck.

We had a 6010 previously, and that thing was painfully unreliable, but the 10k has really done a great job of fixing the problems of the previous models. I've gone from seeing my regular tech 2-3 times a week to 1-2 times a month.
the 750 doesn't have a whole lot of impressions, but I haven't needed service on it at all yet.

We have a PrsimaSync controller, and in the past I wasn't a fan, but it's come a long way, and I feel like it's considerably more user friendly than a Fiery.

Feel free to ask me whatever you'd like to know.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back