Xerox’s 3 New Presses

prwhite

Administrator
Staff member
New presses from Xerox promise higher image quality, greater media choices and advanced inline finishing capabilities—the Xerox Versant[SUP]®[/SUP] 180, Versant 180 Performance Package and Versant 3100.

The new Versants add enhanced automation features to maximize uptime, reduce waste, cut turnaround times & expand applications.
  • More performance—increased duty cycles, print from 80 to 100 PPM & use up to 350 gsm stocks. Integrated Production & Registration Alignment technology for image-to-media alignment and density uniformity.
  • More feeding and finishing options—advanced feeding capabilities allow longer, uninterrupted print runs with inline finishing options, including:
    • Inserter,
    • Basic Punch,
    • Square Fold Trimmer,
    • Two-Sided Trimmer.
  • High image quality – Ultra HD Resolution and 10-bit technology provides 4X more pixels on a page. Built-in Xerox Confident Color technology utilizes a Full Width Array to deliver optimum image quality. The Versant 180 Performance Package features Xerox’s Automated Color Quality Suite with an inline spectrophotometer to provide fully automated color management.
Availability is not defined, but orders are now being taken.

From what I can tell, the 3100 has no changes from the 2100, except for different finishers.

I sure wish the 2100/3100 would let you use the FWA for profiling. That would be a time saver, but unfortunately you can only use it for calibration as it's not a spectrophotometer like the J75 had.

From what I can tell, the 3100 has no changes from the 2100, except for different finishers.

I sure wish the 2100/3100 would let you use the FWA for profiling. That would be a time saver, but unfortunately you can only use it for calibration as it's not a spectrophotometer like the J75 had.

The FWA works just like it did on the J75 except it does more. It calibrates colour, density uniformity from side to side as well as calibration for paper alignment.

It can be used for profiling. Quality wise not as good as a Spectro but not that bad either. 38 sheets sheets to make a profile if I remember correctly.

It can be used for profiling. Quality wise not as good as a Spectro but not that bad either. 38 sheets sheets to make a profile if I remember correctly.

Ours came with an efi es-200, I just assumed it was standard with all Versant 2100's as well.

Ours came with an efi es-200, I just assumed it was standard with all Versant 2100's as well.

Yes they all come with a ES-2000. EFI make you use the ES-2000 for first calibration, and you can make a profile off with the ES or the Array when you do a new calibration. You can also export a calibration done with the Array and import that in a new calibration and then you can make a profile with the Array on top of the Array calibration that way.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back