How are your color production click counters configured?

smiller

Hi,

I'm just investigating some of the new production options and I'm curious how clicks are typically configured on systems these days:

1) Single click regardless of A4/letter or A3/ledger sheet as in the past?
2) Separate click counters for Black and Color pages, or do you have a click per color plane like what is done for Indigo clicks? (i.e. 1 click for black, 2 clicks for black and cyan, 3 clicks for CMY, etc...)

I'm especially interested if the Ricoh's are different, including the C9100 and C7100 series:

Example: How are clicks handled on the C7xxx or other systems with a 5th color station?

I'm just trying to update myself on how things are typically configured and counted these days. Especially as production options are expanding.

Thanks,

Steven

Machines we've had:
Canon 6000vp: 1 Price for black only, another price for color. Same price no matter what sheet size.
KM 8000: 1 Price for black only, another price for color. Same price no matter what sheet size.
Xerox 1000's: 1 Price for black only, another price for color. Different prices for sheet size - 1 price up to legal (8.5x14) then a higher price for anything larger. For the 5th color on the Xerox (clear) we pay for the toner. If we run something that's ONLY clear it's a color click, but if it's just running inline with the other colors, it's all just 1 click.

No idea on the Ricoh's.

Xerox Versant 2100's: 1 click back only, 1 color click for cmyk for paper sizes up to 8.5 x 14, small additional add-on click for paper sizes larger than 8.5 x 14. However, for large paper sizes, the main color click plus the small ad-on click equates to about average what other vendors get for a large paper size color click that only charges 1 click regardless of paper size. (I hope you understood that, it seemed complicated when I was typing it...) :)

For CMYK Ricoh's service agreement typically offers single click charge no matter what the stock size is up to 13x19 and is toner inclusive. Banner sheets aka stringers are 2 clicks. The 5th color toner is purchased by the customer separately with no additional click. Of course K only clicks at a lower rate. The Ricoh sales guy can supply you with a spreadsheet to help you calculate 5th color costs based on coverage.

Yes, I work for Ricoh.

Xerox 2100, ricoh 901, ricoh 651: separate counters for black and color. single click any size.

Ricoh 7110x: separate counters for color or black, single click up to 13x19. sheets larger than 19 are 2 clicks. no click for 5th color, just papy for the toner. so if you print white or clear only there is no click. If you print cmyk + white or clear it is 1 click. I tried for 1.5 clicks for the large sheet but they couldn't figure out how to set the counters to that.

black machines: ricoh 1107, xerox d125, ricoh 8200: one counter for any size sheet.

On our Versant 2100 it is 1 click for black and 1 click for colour, size does not matter, could be 13x19 or a small envelope, just 1 click. I think it is pretty universal for the 5th colour station, they are not part of your contract so no clicks for that as you buy the toner outright.

On our C75 it is 1 click for color any size sheet and it is less than 4.5 cents per click. On our 2100 it is 1 click up to around 9x14.5, so you can do 8.5 x 14 with full bleeds. It goes by square inches. If you go over that it adds an additional fraction of a penny charge for color.

Why the click charges are more on the 2100 is a mystery to me, as it requires less service.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back