Versant 2100 Jamming Fixed!!!

kdw75

Our 2100 had been jamming much, much more than our C75 for over a year. The machine was very picky on cover stocks and envelopes, which it used to run without issue. This led to lots of frustration and my thinking less of the machine. Well, the other day, mostly by luck and chance, our tech found that one of the rollers right after the fuser wasn't properly seated in its cradle, meaning that wasn't grabbing the sheets on the operator side. After fixing this the machine is performing like expected and not like Bob Marley, jamming all the time.

Like getting a popcorn kernel out of my tooth, this is very satisfying, as I had resigned myself to thinking it was just the nature of the machine.

Glad to hear it! Unfortunately, Xerox hires a 3rd party company to transport and do the initial install of the equipment. When they are done, the normal Xerox techs come in and take over, and do the diagnostics, upgrades, etc. The result is, that, installs do not go smoothly. On our first V2100, the 3rd party left off an entire piece of the machine, because they did not know what it was. On our 2nd install of a V2100, it kept jamming. Turns our the 3rd party company forgot to remove one of the shipping lock-down bolts that was in the paper path. Both issues were eventually fixed by our normal Xerox technicians. I'll bet your 2100 was having jam issues since the install. Yes?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back