Toner woes

Slammer

Arrrgh! Just being driven crazy, I received a printsample from a customer, textured linen paper and a uniform grey background as a print, at least that is what it should be, in reality the damn thing is mottled with an uneven layer, or density, we are using a fiery rip and a Ricoh. Anybody got a tip or two? I really don´t want to have to dynamite the thing.

You are asking the machine to do a very difficult task - textured stock and a uniform background - like the perfect storm for a toner machine. We're on our 3rd Ricoh and have had a Konica Minolta in between a couple of them - all of them have had problems with both textured stock and uniform backgrounds. Apparently the latest generation Ricohs are better at this (so I hear) but can't speak for other manufacturers.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back