Long run Mono printing on 350gsm Silk

I need to regularly print long runs of variable barcodes on 350gsm Silk. Run lengths of 100k+ every month. Needs to be high quality and dry so Inkjet out of the equation.

My only current option seems to be a KM mono machine.

Any other ideas for my budget of £25k/$30k???

What's the finished size of your piece? Do They Bleed? (How many up can you print to a sheet?)
Also, are they auto-duplex, or just simplex?

Mmmmmm. At that size, you're only going to be able to get 1-up with most B&W laser printers (13 x 19 sheet). At that budget, you could probably find a used KM Pro 1200 from a used equipment dealer that would do the trick. You might also want to take a look at the old Kodak/Heidelburg DigiMaster series (110, 9110, etc.). You could probably get a used machine for 10k to 20k USD, but, it's in the back of my mind they will only run 12 x 18 sheets. You'll need to research that. Other B&W machines that will run that size is Oce' and Cannon, but, they might be above your budget range. I hope this helps.

I think Mailguru didn't notice the paper weight. None of those machines will support 350gsm. You might have luck lying to the machine since it's simplex, but I wouldn't count on it being reliable enough to make deadlines.
I didn't have a ton of time to look at machines, but the BIZHUB C1060 supports 350gsm, but I don't know if you can find them used.

I think Mailguru didn't notice the paper weight. None of those machines will support 350gsm. You might have luck lying to the machine since it's simplex, but I wouldn't count on it being reliable enough to make deadlines.
I didn't have a ton of time to look at machines, but the BIZHUB C1060 supports 350gsm, but I don't know if you can find them used.

Depends on which spec sheet you're looking at. Some say 40-300 gsm, some say 40 - 350 gsm. We do run 350 gsm on ours (simplex only)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back