Xerox 700 finisher leaving embossed like marks on paper looks like from rollers

Mariusz

Hi.

Recently acquired a digital printing press xerox 700 to join my collection of wide format printers. I am having a problem where I believe a advanced finisher is leaving 2 embossed like marks accross the paper seems like from the roller. Is there any way to find out which one causes the problem and if so what should be done e.g pressure adjustment ?

I have attached 3 photos, one where I have added the green shade to show where the marks happen, second is a closeup, where marked with a pen and a third picture a back of paper see close under the shade near my hand is best I managed to catch the problem on the paper with a camera.

Photos in a folder below

http://imgur.com/a/LkUJG

Any ideas?

btw. Hope is ok to link pictures from another website as the quite MB heavy to upload here

Rollers may not be adjustable but plates are adjustable. You just have to get in there and look since inboard/outboard wise you know where it is. Most likely the rollers are not centered between the plates and the paper is being pushed against (down into) the plate. Most usually it is a plate adjustment you need to do.

Last edited:
Hi.

I got it fixed now, as promised will attach some photo later on of where the problem is so in the future someone may find it useful.

It was a a roller pressing too hard, so I loosen up a spring that holds the roller and applies a pressure.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back