Versant 2100 Image Quality

cwhite

I have 2 2100's and a c70. The 2100's are running a FS100 Pro the c70 has a FS150 Pro.

I recently went to Xerox in Webster and met with the Fiery person on site who is the "Senior Partner Alliance Manager" and explained to her that I was having image quality issues (pictures look fuzy) on high resolution pictures (pic size does not matter). Both of the 2100's produce different quality...but the c70 actually produces the best picture out of the 3. She basically told me that was not possible and that I had a 'bad' setting. I have literally played with every setting in the Fiery and the 2100 itself and it does not improve (media does not matter). I have had my local Fiery rep look at it and he's at a loss.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue?

Mmmm, our 2100's give perfect quality.

This may sound kind of stupid, but, have you taken a really good close look at your art files?

Because of it's 10-Bit object rendering technology, the 2100 gives a more detailed exacting render result than the older technology machines. While this "sounds" good, it can conceivably give the "illusion" of a bad print. Tiny little imperfections in your original art will be visible on a 2100, while, not visible on an older technology machine (C70's, etc). Not saying that is the problem, but, we were able to demonstrate that effect on ours. As weird as it sounds, we lowered the resolution, and, that seemed to correct the problem.

How long have you had the 2100? Was it always like this? Do all output profiles produce the same results? What screens are you using or have you tried different screens? Any difference between 600dpi or 1200dpi output? Fuzzy only on photos?

What was the date of the last drums you installed. Xerox tried to manufacture drum in the US and had nothing but trouble with them and have since gone back to Fuji manufactured drums. I have seen some strange stuff from these US drums so it is possible that could be factor.

We went from a KM C8000 to 2 Xerox 2100's - we did notice that the fine detail in images was not quite as good as the KM.

It was only if you look really close on a sharp hi-res image, but definitely not quite as detailed as our KM.

Are your output profiles black generation the same for the KM C8000 and Xerox 2100. For some reason the default black generation for the Xerox machines is less than ideal and will give softer looking images.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back