Quick comparison Xerox press's

BigSi

Hi there, just wondering if any one has a link to a site that compares specs for Xerox cut sheet production machines. It would be nice to see the difference in speed, max sheet size etc..
between say V80, 2100, 800 and 1000 etc.. at a glance. I realise that I can find this by trolling around a bit but was just after something a bit more convenient. thanks.

Xerox's own website is fairly well laid out for comparing the stats all on the one page.

Realistically the main spec you need it duty cycle, avg volume per month. If you're only going to be doing 30k per month the spec of the bigger machines is a bit irrelevant as it probably won't be cost effective. Equally if you're doing 500k a month then the lower machines are irrelevant.

Last edited:
thanks Pip. Running two digital machines here. A V80 and an old 700. Thinking of upgrading the 700. Volumes are not huge (But by Auckland, New Zealand standards OK, not a huge city) One of the main reasons is there is to much of a colour/image difference between the two machines.
(I know it has a different engine) If I have a problem with the V80 I can't run the job on the 700. Just nice to know what all the specs are before upgrading.

As a side point I'm always gobsmacked by the quantise you guys talk about overseas. Most printers here only dream of averaging 500 clicks a month. I guess that is why there is not many igen's here. Every country has its own economic conditions. As everywhere there are a lot of small/medium size struggling printers here. (A lot less than there used to be :-(

We have an 80 and a 1000i. The 80 and the 2100 are different engines from what I have seen, the 800 and 1000 are the same with the 1000 sped up. I was under the understanding they were not selling the 800 very well because the 1000 pricing was so aggressive. The 80 is a pretty robust machine, we average about 60,000 a month (all 12x18 or larger) and it keeps chugging along. Our 1000i averages around 160,000 a month. There are things that print better on the 80 than the 1000, but they are few a far between. We use the 80 when we want to reduce the gloss from the toner. We can get the colors between the two pretty close. We have a newsletter we split each month on both machines, it's 17,000 12x18 4/4 on 100lb gloss text. At first glance it is difficult to tell which engine printed it.

Thanks Craig for the info. My understanding is in this part of the world (Aus & NZ) they sold the 2100 (and v80) with a matt toner/fuser (and 95% sure 800 and 1000 as well) so I would not have any major problems keeping the look between my V80 and a new 2100 the same.
I'm not sure why they did this but it seems the matt look is much more popular. (obviously much closer to offset).

I'm always interest to know how/why do you do such big runs on your digital? Do you not have not have any offset ? (here it would be better to farm out if you did not). The maths just do not add here. Maybe your click charges are a lot less?. Next time I'm in Mcdonalds I'll see how much a Big Mac sells for so we can compare apples with apples. But here there is no way you could run x17000 SRA3 full colour 2 sides (digital) for less than twice the real offset price (farming out) or x 3 the price if you had your own 4col offset press.

Forget all above if you have personalised data on your newsletter. thanks Simon.

We do not have any offset anymore. At least not for the near future. I do have a shop that does trade only 4 color work about an hour from me. When I quoted them printing vs my cost, it was about $175.00 for me to run in house. When I factor sending a driver and fuel to pick the order up it was a near break even. The other factor is we have a limited window to turn the job once we have approved art. That we can control in house as well.

Now, as our numbers continue to grow, I have considered a 4 color DI press to bridge the gap. That just requires a whole new setup and cost factors that is not profitable at the moment.

We have an 80 and a 1000i. The 80 and the 2100 are different engines from what I have seen, the 800 and 1000 are the same with the 1000 sped up.

Just a footnote to the conversation, as far as the "engines" of the V80/180 and V2100/3100... Although they are clearly different designs (unlike the 800/1000 where the only differences are electronic, to enable the faster speed, as you mentioned) they are, for all practical purposes, the same "engine" if you are looking at them on a print quality/print output level. Their mechanical differences are pretty much all in the paper handling area, as well as decurling and in-line calibration. The marking engines are the same. Same drums, same developer/developer assemblies, same transfer belt assembly, same 2nd BTR assembly, and same toner (though in different shaped cartridges). Also, critically, the "logic" behind the image formation is the same meaning they should rasterize the incoming data the same way and therefore produce similar results.

All that to say, the print output differences between an 80 and a 2100 shouldn't be any greater than the differences between two 80's or two 2100's... So, theoretically, you should be able to use an 80 as a backup to a 2100, if you wanted, without needing to worry excessively about the inherent differences in the "look" of the end result.

Thanks Craig. Yes this is what I suspected. I couldn't see why there would be real difference between say a v80 and a 2100.

Is there a lot of printers out there doing 5000+ prints digital (colour) if so why? convenience lead time issues? not having access to offset? thanks Simon

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back