Rasterlink6

andyzulu

Hi hope someone can help I am running a Mimaki JFX200 with Rasterlink6 problem only arises now and again with a certain customers artwork "supplied as a vectored AI file" I convert this over to an EPS vectored file" and set it out there are always several different image files some never alter but the odd one or two cause me some aggro. The offending images are all stepped out say 50 off and out of that 50 maybe 10 to 20 will come out with jagged edges its the same image just stepped out into the matrix anyone got any ideas! PS artwork is not my best subject so please bare with me if the answer is complicated :)
Cheers Andy

I also run a JFX200 with Rasterlink 6. I've never seen what you're talking about but have you tried sending a pdf instead of an eps?

Hi Buckeye I tried the PDF it did stop the problem but I lost a bit of quality across all the images as a result these are very small parts only 6mm in height so you are very close when you are looking at them so you can see the minor print defects

Did you downsample images when the pdf was made? If so try it again with downsampling turned off.

I second what Craig said. If saving the file out as a pdf fixed your sporadic jagged edges, then I think all you need to do is adjust your pdf output options. Did you use one of the supplied preset pdf options?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back