Xerox Stacker Tray help

AP90

Ok guys, we have been moving a lot of our books to offline production, and as such we just print them flat to our stacker tray. I can't seem to get the tray to keep the pages nice and neat if you know what I'm saying. It just lets them land individually on the tray. When I print jobs that need padded or want offset, it will "hold" each sheet coming out for say 20 sheets or so and set them down "nice and neatly" on the tray. This eliminates pretty much any jogging needed to the paper other than a quick hand jog at the cutter. When the booklets come out, it requires them being taken to the jogger and then the cutter. Ive tried printing the booklets as pads and that does not work. Have any of you guys figured this trick out? Also, it seems that on some jobs the stacker will do it on its own also. Just wish they had a check box that says "STACK NICELY" lol.

Are you meaning a D4 (stacker) finisher ? or the 500 odd sheet tray on top ? if the latter there isnt anything i have found to keep a nice stack, if the D4 finisher and they arent coming out in a nice pile your dolly? the thing that moves up and down might be out of alignment, i had this issue previously, they took it all to pieces and cleaned it, and re aligned now it is perfectly square when they come out

I have the middle stacker that will stack something like 2000 sheets. When it's offsetting the sets, they're perfectly neat. When it doesn't, they tend to come out unneat. Funny thing was, printed some booklets, 80# cover with 80# text and it didn't keep them neat. Printed a booklet with 20# and 100# text and sure enough, kept them neat. No different settings. I don't get it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back