Fiery Color profiler

Mark

Anyone using EFI Color Profiler suite to calibrate both a XF inkjet and an "Digital press" running EFI Command Workstation?

I have. But don't use XF anymore because V6 has a serious problem with Step & Repeat, Nesting and APPE that to my knowledge has never been fixed.

I have. But don't use XF anymore because V6 has a serious problem with Step & Repeat, Nesting and APPE that to my knowledge has never been fixed.

Hello DVP

We just recently installed v6. I'd love to know what we should be looking our for/avoiding?

This is what I found when APPE was selected with version 6. Keep in mind I was using the same workflow as far as generating PDF and setting in XF as I did in version 5 which never had these problems.

Sometimes when doing Step & Repeat, Nesting some jobs would print negative looking and out of proportion and or just all garbled up.

At some point I also noticed that color conversion from input to output profile was not converting correctly.

One of the tests I did with each new patch was to take a tif test image into photoshop and convert to a ProPhoto, an sRGB and an AdobeRGB version. Import or drop them into a workflow which had honor embedded profile selected for the input profile for the Canon Aqueous printer and then choose nesting. They would randomly not convert to output profile correctly. And not always the same one. If the PS3 engine was select everything converted correctly. This happens on all the printers the version 6 was driving.

Responding to DYP...

Curious about the issue with color management changing when layout options (step-and-repeat, nesting) are selected. I just tested in version 6.4 with stunt profiles tagged to the images in a tiff and mixed RGB and CMYK content PDF with output intent. These profiles change color significantly to help detect if they are being used or ignored. From my testing ICC conversions are working as expected in both CPSI and APPE engines with both step-and-repeat and nesting. I do know that the CPSI engine is different in that it will not exclude embedded profiles – if they are there, they will be used, but that is written into the engine by Adobe.

Maybe it is something that changed from early versions of 6, or something was corrupt in the workflow/profiles/etc.

For the original post from Mark...

Color Profiler Suite is the same color engine that Fiery XF uses when Color Profiler option is enabled – it's designed for both applications. Later versions of CPS 4 stand-alone can connect directly to a Fiery XF server for profiling wide-format.

Last edited:
register6, are you using the Windows or Mac XF server? I have done clean installs of 6 on a new Windows install with nothing else add and still this problem persists.

Interesting. I'm testing on a Windows 10 system. On your system files look ok stand-alone, then when added to a nest or step-and-repeat they look bad?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back