Best upgrade option from Xerox C560?

gazfocus

We currently have a Xerox C560 with light production finisher but it's been a pain in the rear end since we bought it, with sheets not printing straight, to sheets jamming occasionally, and the folder not folding on consistent places. So, we want to get a different machine.

We cant really afford a brand new machine, but we would like the following features:

1. Accurate front to back registration
2. Automatic Duplex for cardstock
3. Decent folding performance from finisher

Is there anything that maybe 3 years or so old that would fit the above requirements that we might be able to get as a used machine?

Not overly fussed on manufacturer as long as the printer is good.

We started with the 560 and moved to the C75. Night and day difference as far as duplexing. The C75 would duplex 70# coated sheets and heavy card stock all day long, where as the 560 did neither. Make sure you get the "Oversize High Capacity Feeder". Constant jams on the 70#, and simply wouldn't duplex anything very heavy. Registration on the C75 is very good.

If you get a C60 with a highcap feeder you'll have pretty good duplexing on 220 and decent duplexing (manual) on 300. Its also rated now for coated stocks so it jams much less. People who moved to Versants fell in love again :) I work for Xerox and I've seen a lot of folks moving to Versant and never regretting it. It is a really good steady and accurate machine. Oh, and the easiest on the market for jams!

Thanks both of you. I've managed to find a couple of used J75's but can't find the C75's used. Is there much difference between the two?

What about none-xerox options?

At the moment, I dread using our C560 because it's so naff. Every time I print a job, I have to mess with the image shift settings in command workstation, and even then, it doesn't print on the same position on each sheet making cutting a job an absolute nightmare.

Thanks both of you. I've managed to find a couple of used J75's but can't find the C75's used. Is there much difference between the two?

At the moment, I dread using our C560 because it's so naff. Every time I print a job, I have to mess with the image shift settings in command workstation, and even then, it doesn't print on the same position on each sheet making cutting a job an absolute nightmare.

We haven't had any non-Xerox machines, so i can't really say. The J75 is just a faster version of the C75. The hardware is the same.

Have had a conversation with a Xerox reseller and a Versant 180 is going to cost us about £480 per month with the finishing options we would need whereas we could buy a J75 outright for £6,000.

Is the Versant really a much better machine than the J75?

Have had a conversation with a Xerox reseller and a Versant 180 is going to cost us about £480 per month with the finishing options we would need whereas we could buy a J75 outright for £6,000.

Is the Versant really a much better machine than the J75?

It is better in some respects, but marginally in my opinion. Keep in mind that I have never run the 180, but we have the 2100 which has the same fuser and is basically a faster version of it. Comparing it to the C75/J75, the main advantages are that it seems less affected by humidity and textured papers. It can also run a 26" long sheet of paper and the toner is pretty matte/dull looking. It also doesn't get low spots in the fuser roller from running different widths of paper, which is easily compensated for by keeping two fusers for differing paper widths if your picky.

The C75/J75 has glossier toner and even has a GLOSS mode which makes it even glossier so it look like it has been aqueous coated. Some customers want this for book covers. It also is a little faster to start printing when a job is sent, less startup time. Unless you run lots of linen papers, I would lean towards the C75/J75. It is a solid, reliable machine.

the other thing to note is that none of these xerox machines will fold, reliably, anything heavier than uncoated 65-80# text -- essentially, like a flyleaf or something. we couldn't find any use for the folder c/z folder and got rid of it when we got the v80. YMMV.

It is worth noting that the booklet folder is separate from what mojoprime is talking about. We run booklets all day long that run flush with no headaches. You can create a folding profile for what it's worth if you end up running something that doesn't fold just right. No experience with the c/z folder, and have never thought about getting it.

quite true, that. i run booklets all day with the square fold trimmer and in the entire time we've had it, have had two jams. so yes, it's just that worthless c/z fold thingamabob that really is not worth the extra money.

=

Have you considered looking for a used Konica Minolta C1060 or C1070? They have been out for a little over 3 years now and have been a very successful product for us. The front to back registration is spot on, and handles duplexing up to 300 gsm. The Vacuum feed paper drawers (PF-707) make feeding coated stocks a breeze.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back