Xerox V180 press

vaugh6288

We're about to be up on a lease with an older Konica C7000 machine and want to install a mid-volume printer like the V180. One of the main areas we need help in is envelopes and Xerox/local partner are saying the machine handles envelopes well.

Wanting to get a feel for users out there about this machine and it's reliability, stability, etc as well.

Thanks!

We have a Versant 2100 and it runs #10 envelopes both windows and plain very well. Windows can have a very slight crinkle on the window. Plain envelopes run like a dream, I can count the number of jams I have had on one hand and those jams were because of sloppy loading on my part. I assume the V80 will run the same, it is a very similar machine just squeezed smaller. We have been very happy with it running envelopes, it was an added bonus for sure. I use both high capacity trays and keep them loaded going back and forth.

If your envelopes are digitally certified then they'll run the windows without any crinkling. They run beautifully. I work for Xerox and all my customers are happy with them. Go print a whole box in the demo room! Set them up as uncoated/220gsm and the custom paper size preset will help avoid the size coming across wrong (older fiery had this issue). Cheers!

If your envelopes are digitally certified then they'll run the windows without any crinkling. They run beautifully. I work for Xerox and all my customers are happy with them. Go print a whole box in the demo room! Set them up as uncoated/220gsm and the custom paper size preset will help avoid the size coming across wrong (older fiery had this issue). Cheers!

We know about digital envelopes, they cost more and the needs for the window envelopes we do print (vast majority are not window envelopes) do not warrant the extra cost. Runs like a champ though, just plugs along, only down side is not being able to print to the finisher stacker tray. That may be different with the V180 though, not sure.

We know about digital envelopes, they cost more and the needs for the window envelopes we do print (vast majority are not window envelopes) do not warrant the extra cost. Runs like a champ though, just plugs along, only down side is not being able to print to the finisher stacker tray. That may be different with the V180 though, not sure.

Something is wrong with your machine if you can't print to the finisher stacker.

Something is wrong with your machine if you can't print to the finisher stacker.

Not from what our tech has said. Our machine is a Versant 2100 not an 80. I think the 80 is capable of printing to the finisher stacker tray, but not the 2100.

Not from what our tech has said. Our machine is a Versant 2100 not an 80. I think the 80 is capable of printing to the finisher stacker tray, but not the 2100.

I might be wrong, I'll check on the 180 and 3100 Monday and let you know!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back