Advise on switching to self fulfillment.

proditus

Hello everyone,

I feel very lucky I found this forum and such a great community in here.
We are school photo and yearbook company in NJ. This is our 5th year in business and the we are growing slowly but steadily. We have been outsourcing almost everything except photo capture part of the business. We are exhausted in maintaining the relationship with our yearbook printers due to their increased negligence as the time passes or for whatever reason, they tend to loose the level of control in the product quality and delivery. Anyway we have about 30 yearbook accounts (30 schools x 100 books x 100 pages average each book = 300K-400K 8.5x11 page volume) and we are thinking in investing to do them in house. Except yearbooks, we also serve to several organizations with printing their annual journals or marketing brochures (outsourcing as well). I believe that total volume should be not more than 500K Letter size prints/year. Most of it will be in 4-5 month period. In addition to that we would like to add into our product line few other press products such as postcards, booklets, school picture magazine prints etc. We are looking at 2 units Canon ImagePress C6010 and we were offered to buy them for $3500. Each of them includes Canon Perfect Binder, Finisher and D1 Trimmer.
I would deeply appreciate if you could suggest me what other equipment (must have) we would need to add into the production line. Any other tips and advices are more than welcome !

P.s I am completely new to this forum and this print world so I beg your pardon for maybe not been very explanatory.

Thank you !!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back