Paper Alignment for trays on xerox 700 and 550

cmyk burnley

Hey guys!

Hope youre all good!

Does anyone know or can point me in the right direction here please

I need to get access via the panel on the xerox 700 and 550 to the paper tray alignment section

Usually an engineer does it, and ive lost my piece of paper with the button sequence on

Can anyone help me?

I have copy and pasted the below text from Page 47 of the attached Xerox 700 System Administration Guide:
1. Load paper in a tray
2. Press the Log In/Out button and enter the system administrator mode - I think the password is 11111
3. Select the Tools tab followed by the System Settings tab
4 Select the Common Service Settings followed by the Maintenance Settings
5. Select Alignment Adjustment Settings
6. Select the alignment adjustment type you want to set or adjust, and touch Change Settings.

Attachments

• Xerox 700 System Admin Guide.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 605
Hey!

Another query, is there a way i can create a custom paper stock and link that to a specific alignment? Xerox 550

I may be wrong, but I believe alignment is a universal adjustment, not specific to a paper stock. The Xerox tech who told me how to get to the inner workings and alignment never mentioned alignment as being tied to a paper profile or stock. If the trays are aligned, it shouldn't matter what stock is in them, although I know some heavier stocks can push those plastic parts out of whack a little. Digital press makers all have tolerances for alignment and registration, and as long as your printer falls within their tolerances, the manufacturer's okay with it. They don't get that precise.

^ Not sure what machine your running but on most digital machines the paper stock is critical to alignment, nothing universal about it.

Stock weight, stock finish, grain direction, toner coverage all make considerable differences. On our Versant 80 we create stock profiles all the time, wouldn't be able to run most jobs without them.

Tolerances are only based on sheet to sheet, assuming all is equal.

If you put in a 350gsm long grain card and then a 80gsm short grain, you could be talking 5-10mm difference in position.

Last edited:
Your talking about two different things here. Paper catalogs are what can be adjusted in User or Admin mode is by per paper, which can be used with any other paper you you choose as well. Or in the case of the 2100, 3100, 800, 1000 in the stock paper catalog on the RIP server.

Alignment adjustments made in Service Mode are, Perpendicular, Skew, Fast Scan(magnification), Slow Scan(magnification), these are the universal ones. The other ones I prefer to use the NVM values and these are Side to Side registration, side 1 and side 2 which is per tray, Lead registration which is per GSM range and independent of trays. There are also some special ones for lead registration like Poster Size Paper, Label, Transparency etc. depending on machine capabilities. The reason I prefer to use the NVM values is Because if you use the alignment screen you are forced to use 11 x 17 paper in each tray of each of the different GSM range setting to make those changes. Yes you can fool it by setting each tray for 11 x 17 and each GSM range if you want to use that dialog.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back