Looking for crisp color digital printing at 1.4pt in size

CliffSpielman

Hi. We design educational print products that are currently 8.x5x11 and printed digitally on a cover stock. They are double sided. The rear side is very standard and is basically like a page from a text book with several colors. The front side is different in that it has 300,000+ small digits printed with a fixed width sans serif font at about 1.4pt in size. The front side is two colors.

Digital is preferred here mainly due to the flexibility in samples and pricing I've seen (not always but usually). For example, if the design of the product is always evolving, we may want to print 500-1000, not necessarily huge quantities that would justify offset printing. At least not yet. Also, in my experience, it's more feasible to do 1-off samples / proofs in the digital world.

The prerequisite here is that the 1.4pt text is super crisp. As a footnote, a company called ABG Graphics in Cali (who has since closed its doors) did awesome work which was even smaller. I believe they were using an iGen 3. Since then I've found good quality but nothing matching that.

Regarding substrates, we currently use cover stock, hovering between 80# and 120# depending on the success we have laminating them. Since the ultimate presentation is to be laminated in a 10mil film (ideally), I'm certainly open to alternate substrates as well as a shop who does both digital printing and laminating.

If you're located in or near the southwest, that would be great, but certainly not a requirement.

Thank you for reading.

it's black. The second color is for an image that goes in the center of the content. The black text prints on top of that image layer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back