Presstek 52di

Juice780

i have a couple issues with our di press. First, when cleaning the rollers after running a while our rollers look to have big build up of powder on them. I am assuming this is because of not using water the powder from backing up just goes up into the rollers. We are using just enough powder so we don't have set off. I have been told to use warm water after cleaning the rollers and this helps but not a fix. Is there a good cleaning paste to use to help clean better?

Second issue is we are getting yellow ink tracking up into the cyan rollers and into the ink fountain. We run black in first unit cyan in second magenta in third and yellow in fourth. I don't know how this is possible. Only thing I can come up with now is we recently installed new rollers and maybe the inplay on the form rollers were not set correctly.

When we had offset we used a deglazer called Putz. It has a grit to it and takes forever to clean off, but deglazed the rollers well. There was another one we had I think it was EZ Clean that was a paste and worked good for color changes.

Hi Juice, when you have a moment you can call me 480-376-4794 and I can help you troubleshoot this over the phone. I pm'd you my phone number.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back