oki c942

We are considering the purchase of a Demo unit OKI C942, with the envelope feeder and conveyor. Has anyone had any experience with this machine? We are really interested in the operating costs. We have been told that basic coverage, for a standard Number 10, envelope will cost around $.02 each. We understand that heavy coverage will be more. Has anyone done any costs charts showing coverage percentage to cost per copy. We are interested in this machine for its ability to print envelopes and to print short run things (invitations) in white ink. We have larger production machines to do anything with heavy coverage. I imagine we will be doing 100,000 envelopes a month form work we can pull of the press and that we are now jobbing out. Any feed back on performance and costs, pertaining to envelopes, would be greatly appreciated

What is your usual run amount? I have issues with my Oki stopping all the time to do temp adjustments with envelopes, tried running a fan at it and didn't really see much of a difference on longer (500+) runs. I also have been fighting with the mpt feed using the straight shooter, get jams in that area depending on the envelope.

We are considering the purchase of a Demo unit OKI C942, with the envelope feeder and conveyor. Has anyone had any experience with this machine? We are really interested in the operating costs. We have been told that basic coverage, for a standard Number 10, envelope will cost around $.02 each. We understand that heavy coverage will be more. Has anyone done any costs charts showing coverage percentage to cost per copy. We are interested in this machine for its ability to print envelopes and to print short run things (invitations) in white ink. We have larger production machines to do anything with heavy coverage. I imagine we will be doing 100,000 envelopes a month form work we can pull of the press and that we are now jobbing out. Any feed back on performance and costs, pertaining to envelopes, would be greatly appreciated

That many envelopes a month seems like an awful high amount for an Oki 942. Id think you'd need something like a Versant 80 or the other companies equivalent.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back