Fuji Xerox... anyone know much about the new press?

Looks pretty slick and would love to get my hands on just 1 extra colour, now 2! I am definitely curious how this will be priced and wonder if they have found a solution to not use up those 2 extra colours when printing and not using them. From my understanding they are always laying down a bit of colour from the extra toners even when not in use for registration. Not a fan of that when you have to buy the toner outright and not by click.

Does not appear on the Canadian website, wonder when we will see it here?

Looks pretty slick and would love to get my hands on just 1 extra colour, now 2! I am definitely curious how this will be priced and wonder if they have found a solution to not use up those 2 extra colours when printing and not using them. From my understanding they are always laying down a bit of colour from the extra toners even when not in use for registration. Not a fan of that when you have to buy the toner outright and not by click.

Does not appear on the Canadian website, wonder when we will see it here?

I wonder if this will replace the 1000i? I notice it does 120 clicks per minute. As it is there isn't much differentiating the Versant 3100 and the 1000i. This would remedy that.

From what I understand this is a replacement to the 800/1000 (i) and will be hitting the UK (hopefully) in the second quarter of 2018. I am definitely very interested in seeing the price point of the machine and how they charge the 5th/6th toner and clicks. Guessing the machine is going to be in the £150k/£200k mark to sit it between the the 3100 and iGen range

From what I understand this is a replacement to the 800/1000 (i) and will be hitting the UK (hopefully) in the second quarter of 2018. I am definitely very interested in seeing the price point of the machine and how they charge the 5th/6th toner and clicks. Guessing the machine is going to be in the £150k/£200k mark to sit it between the the 3100 and iGen range

I’m not exactly sure where that is in USD, but I’d figure the new press will be in the 500-600k USD.

I read a news edit after I posted that comment and it says the press will be in the 300-400k (sterling) range, thats list price but can't see how they can pitch it so high. I can start looking at the HP Indigo 7 series range from 250k sterling and thats a beast of a machine! time will tell but surely they can't charge double the price from where the 1000i is currently at?

As soon as I get the chance of a demo/launch event I will definitely be going as very keen to see what advances in tech it has and also what has been taken from the 1000 or iGen. its a shame they are currently saying it will on do a standard sheet size and no long sheet option, I guess again they are protecting the iGen range?

I knew about this a few months ago (signed a NDA and all) and it does look interesting.

I'm hoping for Versant 2100/3100 image quality but with the build quality and alignment ability of the 1000i.

120ppm and 6 colour with the ability to have White/Gold/Silver + CMYK + White/Gold/Silver/Clear.
Will have the banner sheet mode and duplex 720mm and simple 1200mm.

Fuji Xerox have 2 being installed right now in their Auckland, New Zealand show room. Will hopefully get a chance to check it out next week.
https://www.fujixerox.co.nz/en/Products/NZ-Production-Printers/Iridesse-Production-Press

Well, its all in the youtube video... 400gsm, 26", clear white silver gold, one of them under and one above. CMYK in the middle. FS300 to boot. Its a proven platform and should be just as better as the new versants were to the old one. Oh, and smallest EA toner to date. There's a few other things not in the video I can't share but by golly I'm looking forward to them! hahaha

I have a hard time seeing where this printer will make a name for itself other than large places like Vista or 4over and speciality/high end marketing firms. We’re just a regular shop, but we rarely, and I mean rarely, get a request that would make this press needed.

Were going from a 1000i to a V3100. Honestly the only reason we ever got into a 1000 was the productivity and duribility of one. Now that the Versant line is a proven workhorse, we can switch over and take advantage of the better finishing options at a lower cost. But I’m sure there are places out there where it will fit, just seeing it as few and far between.

I for one will hold off upgrading till this hits the US market. I have been complaining about not being able to use the 6th color unit in our 1000 for a long time. We run a lot of silver, gold and clear, just did a job that was 4/4 with both silver and gold. What a time saver to run them at the same time! As long as they don't jerk you on clicks for the 26" size that would be a game changer as well.

I for one will hold off upgrading till this hits the US market. I have been complaining about not being able to use the 6th color unit in our 1000 for a long time. We run a lot of silver, gold and clear, just did a job that was 4/4 with both silver and gold. What a time saver to run them at the same time! As long as they don't jerk you on clicks for the 26" size that would be a game changer as well.

Same here we run a lot of the GSC and it would save time not having the operator having to swap out the housing. I always wonder why they never enabled the empty toner bay
on the 1000's.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back