Newbie looking for guillotine advice please

P

PrintingInLincs

Hi all,

Recently we have gotten our first xerox, happy with what it can do however we need a guillotine & we maybe didn't think as far ahead as we should of on that.

We can't have anything too heavy, maybe 100kg & budget is a consideration so would prefer pre-owned.

We'll be specializing in flyers & leaflets in small runs cut from sra3 so that is a consideration.

Would an ideal 4305 suit our needs? Could we somehow get away with using an Ideal 3905?

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Karl

I’d try looking around on Craigslist. That’s where we got one of ours. It’s a Challenge Model 20. Been going strong for a couple years now with no complaints. Picked it up for $800. But it’s way over your weight requirement and this is a small cutter.

Why hey such a low weight requirement? I’m pretty sure your printer would be more depending on the model, and a lot of guys weigh more than that lol.

You will get really really tired pulling down that clamp lever and then the cutting lever . . . find a small challenge or polar power cutter - you won't regret it . .. but again way over your weight requirement . . . something similar to this

https://tinyurl.com/y9lvcmmz

Hi folks, We've moved from business premises to being home based hence needing something fairly light.

(couldn't fit the printer in our business premises, despite the place being huge)

We've managed to find an ideal 4305 for £850 in total....but buying manual is just a step towards getting one of the powered machines when it's worth us getting premises again.

I've only barely managed to take over our dining room with printing equipment lol.

Cheers.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back