Xerox 550 - Toner banding, Black Issue & Muddy Colurs

P

PrintingInLincs

We're printing some flyers to promote black friday deals, however our xerox 550 seems to have some issues.

The design is mainly black, white & cyan but:

1. The black isn't quite as black as we'd like it to be despite trying to use a rich black of 60,40,40,100

2. The colours generally look weak & muddy with the cyan over black being noticeable to us. Maybe an optical illusion?

3. As 100% Black isn't as black as rich black, is it the same with 100% Cyan or is that too logical? :)

I'm used to our print being lithographic & maybe i'm expecting too much or being too fussy?

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• IMG_20171122_095334.jpg
    IMG_20171122_095334.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_20171122_095514.jpg
    IMG_20171122_095514.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 206
Take a sheet of your stock, walk to the nearest spotlight (round), stick the paper on the spotlight, allow the camera to focus and show the picture here. Your paper formation, I'd wager, is offset and looks like porridge. Let's see!

Interesting idea regarding the paper, i'll look into that & get a pic posted. The paper is 250gsm lumi gloss. I will try other stock that i have though.

We got the printer a few weeks ago & have used it sporadically, however it had a black ink out, and the other inks were part used, which makes me wonder what state the drums are in.

I've been told by my xerox contact that i should run it more & see if it sorts itself out (costing us clicks & paper without us being able to sell what it's producing!) ...but the banding is much worse on the edges of the sheet & so I think it's one for a tech engineer.

Another user here had the same issue & only an engineer sorted it for them.

Thanks, Karl

Hello Ptg Lincoln,

Re Shaare comments, what he is referring to is called a "Wild Formation " a rare occurrence these days,

very rare in paper from UK/European Paper Mills.

Regards, Alois

Hello Ptg Lincoln,

Re Shaare comments, what he is referring to is called a "Wild Formation " a rare occurrence these days,

very rare in paper from UK/European Paper Mills.

Regards, Alois

I envy you then, sincerely! Here in Vancouver the porridge formation syndrome prevails!

The banding problem is only happening on sra3...the print quality is fine when using a5 card, the banding issue is much less noticeable in the centre of the sra3 sheet & worse towards the edges.

This points towards me needing to get an engineer out doesn't it?

Thanks for helping me on this.

Hello Shaare,

I find it hard to believe the comment you posted re- paper - "Wild Formation" , - ALL Canadian/North America Paper Manufacturers,

produce first class - Paper.

Unless you are using - Foreign Manufactured Paper ?? Indian !!!

Regards, Alois

Just to let folks know that this was resolved by changing all of the drums & replacing the black toner that was out of action.

The colour has improved immensely. No marks are present on the printed sheets now & very happy with the print quality.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back