Versant 3100 Installed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Versant 3100 Installed.

We finally got our 3100 installed today. It was a 3 day install, and luckily we had enough of a down time to accommodate for it. It wasn't Xerox's fault, but the 3rd party shipping company that brings and sets up everything.

Anyways, we got it loaded with the new 2 knife trimmer and square fold. We have already ran 500 booklets and I have a good feeling that for booklets, this thing is going to be a workhorse. Runs and ALMOST rated speed due to the buffer unit in there that will hold sets while the engine keeps printing. It is quicker trimming, square folding and face trimming booklets than our 1000i was on just saddle stitching only. Quality is better than our 1000i that we just compared this job we ran today on. Hopefully this machine will be a durable machine like our 1000i was. I don't have much doubts about image quality and whats not to love about now being able to produce up to 100 page booklets inline square folded of 80# gloss text!?!

Congrats!

Yeah, I think Xerox should seriously think about switching to another 3rd party final mile transport & setup company. When they set up our 2100, they left a large-crated box in the center of the room which contained the interface unit (the thing between the printer and the booklet maker). They said it was an "extra part" that didn't go with the machine (they didn't know what it was). The Xerox tech reps couldn't believe that the 3rd party company had figured out how to connect the booklet maker directly to the printer without the interface unit. Mmmmmmmmm.......................... LOL

Comment

Congrats on the new "toy"! It is a toy till that first Invoice shows up Did you lock into static click rates for the entire lease with Xerox?
      (2) Ricoh Pro 7110SX digital printers
      OKI C931e with Straight Shooter Envelope feeder

Comment

Originally posted by Shawnd View Post
        Congrats on the new "toy"! It is a toy till that first Invoice shows up Did you lock into static click rates for the entire lease with Xerox?
        Yes we did.

Comment

Glad to hear they are doing that now, guess the competition has really made them change. A few years back xerox wouldn't budge on that for us, so Ricoh got a chance.

Comment

How does it do with envelopes?

Comment

Here the techs put everything together, all the shipper does is get it into the room it is going into and that is that.

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)4OverStandard FinishingKBA
              UltimateDuplo4OverStandard FinishingKBAKBA 4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4582 users online. 92 members and 4490 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,151 at 11:36 AM on 11-17-2017.

Working...
              X