Versant 3100 Installed.

AP90

We finally got our 3100 installed today. It was a 3 day install, and luckily we had enough of a down time to accommodate for it. It wasn't Xerox's fault, but the 3rd party shipping company that brings and sets up everything.

Anyways, we got it loaded with the new 2 knife trimmer and square fold. We have already ran 500 booklets and I have a good feeling that for booklets, this thing is going to be a workhorse. Runs and ALMOST rated speed due to the buffer unit in there that will hold sets while the engine keeps printing. It is quicker trimming, square folding and face trimming booklets than our 1000i was on just saddle stitching only. Quality is better than our 1000i that we just compared this job we ran today on. Hopefully this machine will be a durable machine like our 1000i was. I don't have much doubts about image quality and whats not to love about now being able to produce up to 100 page booklets inline square folded of 80# gloss text!?!

Congrats!

Yeah, I think Xerox should seriously think about switching to another 3rd party final mile transport & setup company. When they set up our 2100, they left a large-crated box in the center of the room which contained the interface unit (the thing between the printer and the booklet maker). They said it was an "extra part" that didn't go with the machine (they didn't know what it was). The Xerox tech reps couldn't believe that the 3rd party company had figured out how to connect the booklet maker directly to the printer without the interface unit. Mmmmmmmmm.......................... :) LOL

Congrats on the new "toy"! It is a toy till that first Invoice shows up :) Did you lock into static click rates for the entire lease with Xerox?

Glad to hear they are doing that now, guess the competition has really made them change. A few years back xerox wouldn't budge on that for us, so Ricoh got a chance.

Here the techs put everything together, all the shipper does is get it into the room it is going into and that is that.

Congrats on the new machine! We have a 3100 here installed last July, it is a beast. We moved from a KM c8000, lets just say its made life a much more pleseant experience! Runs like a dream and quality is fantastic.
Currently looking at adding the booklet maker option onto the end of the machine so am interested to hear that you are having success and are happy with it.
Would you be happy running booklets on it with inline finishing, as a norm, over offline finishing? And if so how much of a saving in overall time do you reckon is on a, for example, run of 200 20pp A4 books?
Thanks!

Congrats on the new machine! We have a 3100 here installed last July, it is a beast. We moved from a KM c8000, lets just say its made life a much more pleseant experience! Runs like a dream and quality is fantastic.
Currently looking at adding the booklet maker option onto the end of the machine so am interested to hear that you are having success and are happy with it.
Would you be happy running booklets on it with inline finishing, as a norm, over offline finishing? And if so how much of a saving in overall time do you reckon is on a, for example, run of 200 20pp A4 books?
Thanks!

We are pretty happy with the booklet maker so far. We got the 2 knife trimmer, booklet maker, square fold and face trimmer package. It runs JUST below rated speed when booklet making due to there being a buffer unit where the booklet sets sit allowing the engine to keep producing pages. No slowing down because the booklet maker is doing its thing. As far as 200 A4 booklets are concerned, it would be roughly 45 mins to produce the 200 full bleed booklets in line. The only annoyance of it is the face trimmer catch tray is rather small so it fills up kinda quickly. But for a 20 sig booklet, you could get away with not having to empty it during the run. If you ask me, it is a huge time saver as all you have to do is grab the booklets and throw them in the box. And the machine was going to be printing them either way so might as well finish them in the same amount of time since it will run at pretty much rated speed. I believe I timed it at 24 sheets/min when doing booklets.

We just installed Ricoh 9110. Went from J75. Did extensive tests on Xerox 3100 and Ricoh 9110. Ricoh runs over 4 times faster on heavier stock. Just ran a 1300 sheets, 13x19 100lb Dull cover, two sided in half an hour. Testing both machines made a huge difference for us. We actually saw how 3100 slows down running heavier stock. Envelopes on the 9110 are simple. A2, A7, No9, No10, 12x9, they print faster than we can load trays. We usually load 3 at a time. Just to let you know we were die hard Xerox users, would not even think bout another manufacturer until the demo. OMG no comparison. And when they matched the Xerox price, forget about it.

We finally got our 3100 installed today. It was a 3 day install, and luckily we had enough of a down time to accommodate for it. It wasn't Xerox's fault, but the 3rd party shipping company that brings and sets up everything.

Anyways, we got it loaded with the new 2 knife trimmer and square fold. We have already ran 500 booklets and I have a good feeling that for booklets, this thing is going to be a workhorse. Runs and ALMOST rated speed due to the buffer unit in there that will hold sets while the engine keeps printing. It is quicker trimming, square folding and face trimming booklets than our 1000i was on just saddle stitching only. Quality is better than our 1000i that we just compared this job we ran today on. Hopefully this machine will be a durable machine like our 1000i was. I don't have much doubts about image quality and whats not to love about now being able to produce up to 100 page booklets inline square folded of 80# gloss text!?!

Let's see some pictures.

We just installed Ricoh 9110. Went from J75. Did extensive tests on Xerox 3100 and Ricoh 9110. Ricoh runs over 4 times faster on heavier stock. Just ran a 1300 sheets, 13x19 100lb Dull cover, two sided in half an hour. Testing both machines made a huge difference for us. We actually saw how 3100 slows down running heavier stock. Envelopes on the 9110 are simple. A2, A7, No9, No10, 12x9, they print faster than we can load trays. We usually load 3 at a time. Just to let you know we were die hard Xerox users, would not even think bout another manufacturer until the demo. OMG no comparison. And when they matched the Xerox price, forget about it.

Lets not get too carried away with your statements now. Ive seen multiple 3100's run including the one in my shop and they will run heavy stock at rated speed. Im having a hard time believing the 9110 is 4x faster than the 3100 because that means if the 9110 is running at rated speed then the 3100 is only getting 10 duplexed sheets out a minute and thats just not true. Ill video it and show you if you want. Lastly, you dont need to oversell the machine. Im sure it is a fine machine, but 1300 13x19 sheets, 4/4, in half an hour? The 9110 is rated at 130ppm not 175ppm like it would need to be to run that job in half an hour.

Lets not get too carried away with your statements now. Ive seen multiple 3100's run including the one in my shop and they will run heavy stock at rated speed. Im having a hard time believing the 9110 is 4x faster than the 3100 because that means if the 9110 is running at rated speed then the 3100 is only getting 10 duplexed sheets out a minute and thats just not true. Ill video it and show you if you want. Lastly, you dont need to oversell the machine. Im sure it is a fine machine, but 1300 13x19 sheets, 4/4, in half an hour? The 9110 is rated at 130ppm not 175ppm like it would need to be to run that job in half an hour.

Sorry my mistake its 4x faster than our J75. 2x faster than Xerox 3100. Remember when I said we were hardcore Xerox people. I could not believe what I was told. So we took the same job to Xerox 3100 and Ricoh 9100. Over 2X faster. No lie.

Is it a Xerox finisher or a Plock? If it is Xerox, I didn't realize that they made such a robust finisher. We installed a Ricoh 9100 in July and are quite pleased with it also but Ricoh doesn't make a heavy duty booklet maker. The only option is a Plock to the tune of about 50K

Is it a Xerox finisher or a Plock? If it is Xerox, I didn't realize that they made such a robust finisher. We installed a Ricoh 9100 in July and are quite pleased with it also but Ricoh doesn't make a heavy duty booklet maker. The only option is a Plock to the tune of about 50K

It’s a xerox product. They really stepped their game up on this finishing unit. We had a 1000i and needed more robust finishing. We looked at a pluck which was about 50k, or Xerox was willing to put us into the 3100 for the same deal we had on our 1000i. Pretty much a no brainer. It’s quicker than the 1000 and image quality is better. Full bleed at rated speed is so nice too along with the square folding

That is sweet.... I dont believe Xerox had that option when I was at the demo room in Chicago. Must be new. Now I'm jealous :)

Yeah it was a new offering with the 3100. Believe it came out in May or June. Was really hoping we could add the finishing to the 1000, but it wasn’t compatible. Another plus is the staples are so much cheaper. They use a refillable cartridge that you can buy 3rd party cartridges for it at 1/4 the price. Big win there with the amount of booklets we run

I print 14 sheets per minute on 13 x 19" 100# cover gloss on my J75. Are you meaning to say you print four times faster than that? If so, please post a video.

I print 14 sheets per minute on 13 x 19" 100# cover gloss on my J75. Are you meaning to say you print four times faster than that? If so, please post a video.

The 9110 is 130 ppm vs 75 on the J75 so I can't see it being 4 times faster unless the xerox one slows down on whatever media was being run but the search I did says it does not slow down on up to 300gsm.

I just want you guys to post some pictures of your machines.

The 9110 is 130 ppm vs 75 on the J75 so I can't see it being 4 times faster unless the xerox one slows down on whatever media was being run but the search I did says it does not slow down on up to 300gsm.

I just want you guys to post some pictures of your machines.

Yeah, it’s not 4 times faster. It’s rated at 40 12x18 sheets/min. My 3100 is rated at and will do 25 sheets/min. But anyways, if I have some time Monday I’ll snap a few pics of it and a pic of some square folded booklets.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back