Ah, budgets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bill kahny View Post
    Printing is getting so easy push button walk away even a monkey can do it! ... my life
    Don't you believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by arossetti View Post

When he looks at the numbers at the end of the year he will say: Wow we really did only need two printers. Wonder if we can get by with one printer.
      LOL - Already has............. I put my foot down, though. I convinced him that with only 1 machine, we have no redundancy backup for when it goes down. I told him that the quickest way to go bankrupt in this business is to not be able to deliver what you promised on time. The client doesn't care if you had machine issues. That's not their problem!

Comment

Originally posted by MailGuru View Post

LOL - Already has............. I put my foot down, though. I convinced him that with only 1 machine, we have no redundancy backup for when it goes down. I told him that the quickest way to go bankrupt in this business is to not be able to deliver what you promised on time. The client doesn't care if you had machine issues. That's not their problem!
        agreed! it only takes the one unfulfilled request from the CEO for marketing materials to make removing or downgrading the machine a huge mistake...

Comment

I come from a different mindset entirely. (It might be part of the reason we are growing at least 5% a year )

Never take a machine from the floor unless it is counterproductive. Fill every machine and buy more machinery (used if possible) to make up the increased volume.

The CFO's "trim it back" mindset in a contracting industrial sector will lead to lack of capacity and of flexibility, which will make everybody sure that they are being as efficient as possible... and they will be ready to die.

Always work on filling capacity, not on reducing the capacity to be filled. Reducing capacity simply means that you don't see any reason to get more of the market.

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)4OverStandard FinishingKBA
          UltimateDuplo4OverStandard FinishingKBAKBA 4OverUltimateGTI

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3188 users online. 68 members and 3120 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,151 at 11:36 AM on 11-17-2017.

Working...
          X