Standard Finishing
4Over

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xerox waste toner bottle on backorder????

Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like somebody's supply chain needs some serious overhauling.

Comment

It's not really their supply chain - It's the fact that their bean counters beat them up for inventory on hand when the books close. They do the same thing to the techs for their parts inventory.

We always get parts & supplies fast 10 months out of the year, but those last two months are always hard because they want the warehouse inventory as low as possible for the end of year close.

Like someone else said earlier in the thread, stock up in October & order early in November & December.

Comment

I was told they were redesigning them which the desperately needed to be done. But the four I received last week looked to be the old design.

Comment

So it seems there are some bad bottles out there. We have a leaky seal on the one we got and called service. They advised there are some bad bottles including ones that prematurely report as being full. This explains why there have been shortages. The service line admitted they have a lot of upset customers and are working to get corrected parts out. This is kind of like the bad fuser fiasco we had on older Xerox machines some time ago - the rebuilt ones were junk and the new ones had problems, so a shortage ensued because usage of that part went up dramatically.

Comment

I’ve alrwady had to cut one open and tape it back together and use it. Our tech showed us how. They sent us a brand new 3100 and 2 waste containers. I’m guessing I’ll have to re empty it tomorrow. We have something like 15 of the ordered but none have arrived for a month

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
            CanonAleyantDuploStandard Finishing

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3528 users online. 47 members and 3481 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
            X