Xerox waste toner bottle on backorder????

Inkscape Print

Is anyone else having issues with waste toner bottles being backordered? I was completely out and had to borrow a couple from DYP. Now we have a couple on the shelf and are good for the moment but won't last long. Not sure how they expect us to print if we can't get waste toners.

Also lately about half of the time when I try to log in to metered supplies I can't get in but see the screen below. Anyone else having that issue?

Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 277
In an emergency, depending on the shape and placement of your toner bottle, you can cut a hole in it, dump it and reuse it. Just sayin'.

I know we had a heck of a time with getting them a few years back for our 700's. Guess some things never change. We ended up frankensteining a few so we could dump them into a sealed trash bag and reuse them.

End of the year; Xerox always tries to have as little as possible in their warehouses this time of year. I would always recommend stocking up in Oct/Nov.

Oh man I miss disposable waste toner bottles. Canon makes us empty ours. They have bags and this funnel attachment that almost always separates and spills. I just started using a rubber band and a trash bag because it's a lot more reliable.

We never had a problem getting them for our 1000, but as soon as we put in the V3100 they said they were backordered and to order as often as possible.

I just ordered one 2 days ago for our V2100 and it has shipped. I usually keep a spare on hand but forgot this time around. Thankfully our old DC260 uses the exact same waste bottle so I just swapped and got the job finished. I have emptied them by hand before when in a pinch, it is messy but it does work. Not sure why you would need to cut a hole in the bottle, I just push the end in and shake it out.

I ordered 4 both on Nov 6th and Dec 11th and neither one has shipped. Luckily I had a lot ahead and haven't done any large runs lately so I still have a few but I am getting concerned as well.

When I order I usually get 6 or 8 at a time and always re-order when I am down to 4.

We had the same problem with our Versant toner waste bottles. We had ordered weeks ago. Finally our tech scrounged one for us but we were getting close to shutdown. We were not looking forward to emptying the existing bottle, but have done it in an emergency.

We almost ran out after a month on backorder. We talked to our salesman and he was able get us some overnighted from somewhere.

Just got a notice that the order from Nov. 6th has now shipped.

That is timely. Doesn't Xerox want to manage businesses and not just printing. I think they should figure out how to manage their inventory before trying to sell their managed red light cameras to the world.

It's not really their supply chain - It's the fact that their bean counters beat them up for inventory on hand when the books close. They do the same thing to the techs for their parts inventory.

We always get parts & supplies fast 10 months out of the year, but those last two months are always hard because they want the warehouse inventory as low as possible for the end of year close.

Like someone else said earlier in the thread, stock up in October & order early in November & December.

I was told they were redesigning them which the desperately needed to be done. But the four I received last week looked to be the old design.

So it seems there are some bad bottles out there. We have a leaky seal on the one we got and called service. They advised there are some bad bottles including ones that prematurely report as being full. This explains why there have been shortages. The service line admitted they have a lot of upset customers and are working to get corrected parts out. This is kind of like the bad fuser fiasco we had on older Xerox machines some time ago - the rebuilt ones were junk and the new ones had problems, so a shortage ensued because usage of that part went up dramatically.

I’ve alrwady had to cut one open and tape it back together and use it. Our tech showed us how. They sent us a brand new 3100 and 2 waste containers. I’m guessing I’ll have to re empty it tomorrow. We have something like 15 of the ordered but none have arrived for a month

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back