Versant 2100 Transfer Current...

kdw75

We have had our machine running since October of 2014 and I have never had to adjust the Primary Transfer Current in the stock settings. Starting last month though, after having service in to troubleshoot specs all over solids, they solved the problem by lowering this setting down to around 85 on ever stock, even envelopes.

What gets me about this is that we haven't ever had to do this and that temperature and humidity aren't any different than in years past. It varies between 30 and 46 percent humidity and the temperature is constant.

There all kinds of hardware and paper reasons for adjusting the Secondary Transfer Voltage but I never found any real reason for adjusting the Primary Transfer Currents. The help file says it has to do with smearing or ghosting 10mm in from the lead edge. What you're describing "specs all over solids" would in my experience be to high a of Secondary Transfer Voltage. Did they take all four of the Primary Transfer Currents down to 85 to cure that? Seems strange the the Secondary Transfer Voltage Adjustment would not have taken care of your problem.

There all kinds of hardware and paper reasons for adjusting the Secondary Transfer Voltage but I never found any real reason for adjusting the Primary Transfer Currents. The help file says it has to do with smearing or ghosting 10mm in from the lead edge. What you're describing "specs all over solids" would in my experience be to high a of Secondary Transfer Voltage. Did they take all four of the Primary Transfer Currents down to 85 to cure that? Seems strange the the Secondary Transfer Voltage Adjustment would not have taken care of your problem.

Yes, they had me lower all 4 of the current settings. It wasn't just specs, it was also strange lines where the toner didn't stick. Imagine taking an ink roller that has major cracks and crevices in it and rolling it down the sheet. The problem was worse on the non-operator side of the machine.

When you do the Uniform Density Adjustment do you set it back to Factory Default before you do it. After what I encountered I would not trust not doing that. I had some real problems when I just did it on top of the previous Uniform Density Adjustment. One of them was getting too high of toner density where the it would not fuse to the paper properly.

When you do the Uniform Density Adjustment do you set it back to Factory Default before you do it. After what I encountered I would not trust not doing that. I had some real problems when I just did it on top of the previous Uniform Density Adjustment. One of them was getting too high of toner density where the it would not fuse to the paper properly.

Nope. I will take a look tomorrow see if I can find where to set it to the default before running it again.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back