Price per print developments?

Kees

Hello everyone on Print Planet,
Ii recent years I have seen the prices for offset printing only going down because of the cutthroat competition.
What is the position of digital printers, is there anyone who has information, preferably in a diagram, about price developments in digital printing in recent years?
Thanks for comments on this.
Kees

Well, we have always outsourced offset printing and every 3 years or so I do a benchmark to see what potential vendors charge for the offset package, easy money to earn on the buying side. Now I have been asked by my company to do the same for the Digital productions but I have no historic data about price development (it's not my department, i think that's why the asked me this question:) in digital print productions over the years and I was curious what it would look like. I think it has to be cheaper due to better machines, volume, competition but I have no data on this.

Unlike offset, digital print has a "per page" click charge upon which, you can not go below else you lose money. To my knowledge, those click charges have not varied much over the past 10 years (maybe by 2-cents per page, but, not enough to warrant any drastic price decreases). Offset also has the unique ability to drastically vary prices in relation to one's ability to gang run like jobs on like paper. Most digital print equipment does not permit a sheet size large enough to take any significant advantage of such a process.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back