Averaging Fuser Temperature Ricoh 9100

tpmar

I recently had my RCOP training (and got a really nice certificate) and was really happy with all of the resources provided. One of the things is to keep the press running without pausing to adjust fuser temperature when running multiple papers. It's titles "Fuser Optimization" I regularly run jobs that use 4 different papers so this would be a real time saver for me if I could get it to work. The example from the material I received from my training uses 60# uncoated text and 130# gloss cover, which is a pretty big difference. In my case, between these two jobs I have a total of 7 different papers ranging from 60# uncoated text all the way up to 110# matte cover. The advance paper settings adjusted are #088, 089, 090, 091, 092, and 123. If I understand this I would add all of the numbers up for each of these settings and come up with an average and then change these values to the average. My questions are, has anyone had success with averaging the numbers for multiple types of papers? And also, should I create copies of these 7 papers and make these adjustments on the copies and leave my original setting like they are for when I'm only running one of these papers? Thanks.

I actually did this exact thing last week, just with 3 stocks and not 7.

What I did was find a stock in the library that was somewhere in the middle of the weights of the stock. In your case I'd probably use 100 cover setting. Set that custom paper up and name it however you want to. Then you can go into the paper library select create new custom paper and you can copy the settings from the profile you just made and saved. Just save this new one with other unique name, and keep doing so for all the stocks.

You won't get any pausing in the run doing it with all the same settings.

I actually did this exact thing last week, just with 3 stocks and not 7.

What I did was find a stock in the library that was somewhere in the middle of the weights of the stock. In your case I'd probably use 100 cover setting. Set that custom paper up and name it however you want to. Then you can go into the paper library select create new custom paper and you can copy the settings from the profile you just made and saved. Just save this new one with other unique name, and keep doing so for all the stocks.

You won't get any pausing in the run doing it with all the same settings.

Thank you! That's great to know, and I like the way you described doing this. This is going to be a real time saver, drives me crazy waiting on the temperature to adjust.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back