Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by namelessentity View Post
    I don't think I've ever cleaned the paper path on any machine I've run. Maybe some canned air here and there, but I've never actually opened stuff up and done real cleaning.
    Same here. Being a pressman, I always felt like preventative maintenance and cleaning was a good thing, but the techs tell seem to prefer that we wait until something breaks as it's easier to track down. I have offered to clean sensors, but they tell me just to call them and they will handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by namelessentity View Post
      I don't think I've ever cleaned the paper path on any machine I've run. Maybe some canned air here and there, but I've never actually opened stuff up and done real cleaning.
      I found it to be less important on color digital devices due to the large amounts of coated stock that would be ran through however on the BW devices if you are running a few million impressions a month of 20# uncoated the paper path can look like the machine needs to go to narcotics anonymous.

Comment

4OverCanonKBATharsternAvantiXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)Duplo

Automation Article

Collapse

Avanti
      Why Would You Ever Want To Automate?
      It seems far too complex, costs money, involves a lot of people, will take time etc etc. And then you run out of excuses. Read the article.

CanonXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploTharstern

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5804 users online. 89 members and 5715 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,611 at 11:23 AM on 02-27-2019.

Working...
      X