Versant 80 - Yellow Toner Cartridge Does Not Fit

Twinzer

Just a heads up...we have experienced 2x in the past couple months that some of the yellow toner cartridges do not fit. Tech support was not much help other than saying to order new cartridges. Keep an eye for the inkjet lot #W2 8029 on the carton and it is also etched onto the canister itself.

That's basically the solution. You can usually tell via the "key" shape if its wrong. I have received cartridges that are keyed differently...probably happened in the cartridge refurbing process, like if its the wrong color cartridge or its for a similar family machine that uses slightly different ink. Different colors usually are keyed different. This is actually better than the machines 15 years ago where an operator could install a black cartridge in the cyan slot (yes, I had second shift operators do this...twice).

I would just send it back in the recycling box and grab another. Make sure you have plenty on hand to account for errors and back orders and it'll never be a problem. If you are out of correct fitting supplies then just reach out to your rep.

There are two cartridges for each color. One is for metered service agreements meaning the supplies are covered under your service agreement. The other is for sold service agreementswhich mean you buy them outside of your service agreement. They have similar but different. The cartridges are keyed different on the end that goes into the slot. One will not fit the other as services sets it based on your contract. This prevents someone with Metered toners from selling their excess stock to non metered clients. You should check this as well. You're sales rep can provide a document to you listing the cartridges. If they can't private message me and I'll get it for you.

Sometimes the warehouse will ship the incorrect cartridge for your service plan. This is usually the problem. If so call them and tell them. If not go on-line and contact customer service to get it straightened out.

There are two cartridges for each color. One is for metered service agreements meaning the supplies are covered under your service agreement. The other is for sold service agreementswhich mean you buy them outside of your service agreement. They have similar but different. The cartridges are keyed different on the end that goes into the slot. One will not fit the other as services sets it based on your contract. This prevents someone with Metered toners from selling their excess stock to non metered clients. You should check this as well. You're sales rep can provide a document to you listing the cartridges. If they can't private message me and I'll get it for you.

Sometimes the warehouse will ship the incorrect cartridge for your service plan. This is usually the problem. If so call them and tell them. If not go on-line and contact customer service to get it straightened out.

But how would that work if you decide to cancel your service contract and still purchase supplies?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back