Max paper weight xerox c60

Dazzyd

having to move on from our old 700, have the option of a 2nd user c60. Question; does anyone regularly put 350gsm through theirs? Our 700 happily handles 350gsm mondi colour copy but not xerox colourtech (too stiff).

We have a J75 which I imagine is pretty similar. Specifications say 300gsm, the heaviest I can usually run successfully (ie: looks good, feeds reasonably well without excessive jams) is 14pt C2S, which is 305gsm. I have run some 16pt through it and sometimes it works, sometimes not. If its a small run we can usually force it, but long runs usually have too much waste/operator intervention. And oftentimes the quality deteriorates even with adjustment to the transfer settings. Different brands will have different results of course.

A quick google search of your question brought up the specs for the C60

Media Weight - Minimum
18 lb. bond (60 g/m²)
Media Weight - Maximum
110 lb. cover (300 g/m²)

https://www.xerox.com/digital-printing/printers/digital-press/xerox-color-c60-c70/spec-enus.html

We have a Versant 2100 right now that replaced a J75. J75 had a lot of issues especially with the 14pt stocks, was a real nightmare for us (we may have had a dud as other people have success with that machine). I never like the idea of running a machine at its maximum range.

We used to have a DC242 which was only rated to 300gsm. We found a brand called DCP that did a 350gsm. We also used to use HP 350gsm and both ran no problem. Slight bend which we would just man handle out before printing reverse side. Register would hold fine.

I used to operate on DC250 and DC770 for 5 years (2 years DC250 and 3 years DC770). The heaviest stock I used on regular basis was 400 gsm matt coated (Magno as far as I remember) which has about 410 microns of thickness. Of course grain follow the short edge. 770 had no problems to duplex it whatsoever and with a dedicated paper profile I had very tight registration front to back, so business cards were spot-on.
The heaviest and thickest stock I have ever tried was Trucard Duo 450 gsm, cardboard coated on both sides, with 625 microns of thickness. I didn't try to duplex it as I knew it's gonna be a pain for the press and I printed on it occassionally. Concluding with the heavy stuff: coated matt or gloss up to 400 gsm and other stuff up to 500 microns with the right grain direction will work for you on your Xerox press.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back