Ricoh advanced training RCOP

They charge extra for this? If you have had it for two years I can almost guarantee you can show them more then they can show you. If you really want to learn some more advanced stuff get Fiery certified training direct from Fiery or just ask for a Fiery rep to stop by (someone actually employed by Fiery). We've had a couple Fiery reps stop in and even though we are very well versed on our Fiery's they always teach us a couple tricks.

Yea they charge extra, I about spit my coffee out when they said how much it would be. I told them to take a zero off the price and we might be interested in it for a refresher course.

Yea they charge extra, I about spit my coffee out when they said how much it would be. I told them to take a zero off the price and we might be interested in it for a refresher course.[/QUOTE

No doubt jrsc is right, with your experience you probably know as much as whoever would be teaching you. And crazy that they charge a lot so that you can do a better job of maintaining and working on their machine that you lease?? So far no one has ever mentioned it to me. There is another training area I'm a little curious about. I'm running the Fiery Command WorkStation version 6 and in there I see for $250.00 I could take a course be a Fiery Certified Professional. I haven't been able to find out many specifics about it though. Here is the link: https://learning.efi.com/fiery_professional_certification

Yea they charge extra, I about spit my coffee out when they said how much it would be. I told them to take a zero off the price and we might be interested in it for a refresher course.[/QUOTE

No doubt jrsc is right, with your experience you probably know as much as whoever would be teaching you. And crazy that they charge a lot so that you can do a better job of maintaining and working on their machine that you lease?? So far no one has ever mentioned it to me. There is another training area I'm a little curious about. I'm running the Fiery Command WorkStation version 6 and in there I see for $250.00 I could take a course be a Fiery Certified Professional. I haven't been able to find out many specifics about it though. Here is the link: https://learning.efi.com/fiery_professional_certification

Have you tried any of the free stuff they have? https://learning.efi.com/category/elearning

I have Rcop training scheduled after Thanksgiving for our new 9210 that ive got about 120M on the counter already. The sales and service managers tell me they pulled some strings to get a specific trainer out for me which struck me a little odd. I appreciate that he was a former tech and now rcop trainer. Im looking forward to it. Curious what it entails. I'm sure there will be some things I learn from it. Very true that the operators gain a lot of experience that the trainers dont. Us Pressmen and operators run the machines in our environment with our unique jobs, paper, schedules and customer expectations. We usually encounter in person and resolve most problems that will come up with the work we need to get done on them(with the help of our ricoh service team and a warehouse full of parts). Usually a trainer will be showing us the ropes on a nice shiny new machine with orange tape stuck on it still so the troubleshooting ability they have might have been gained by reading printed materials (copies off of a konica..I kid) and videos or secondhand smoke.. Sure they have taken them apart and put them back together but they might not be as able to as a well experienced operator. Been running the 9110 for almost 2 years now and have opened up and cleaned, replaced or rebuilt most units like ITB unit maintenance, itb belt, sensors, roller replacement etc. There is not much I wont take apart fix and reassemble besides the laser units and developer units. Pretty sure Ricoh covered the entire cost in my case for the 9210 training. I will be keeping an open mind in the hopes I pick up on some helpful things and trying to keep my reserve when I see production start to slow down during the training days..sometimes I prefer videos so I can pause them and resume printing... Anywho keep an open mind and take notes on things that you can put to use. Kaizen

It was included with our machines, though I am sure we paid for it one way or another. It was nice, but not necessary if you are experienced running digital presses. I would say that it is geared more towards newbies that are just starting out with this type of machine. They aren't used to offset pressman running their machines that actually know how to troubleshoot and wrench on things to make them work. The most valuable thing was all of the documentation they provided, but that may be available anyway. Nothing they showed me was as complicated as changing 5th station colors.

It was included with our machines, though I am sure we paid for it one way or another. It was nice, but not necessary if you are experienced running digital presses. I would say that it is geared more towards newbies that are just starting out with this type of machine. They aren't used to offset pressman running their machines that actually know how to troubleshoot and wrench on things to make them work. The most valuable thing was all of the documentation they provided, but that may be available anyway. Nothing they showed me was as complicated as changing 5th station colors.

You're correct about the value of the documentation, which is available to the SE's (the Fiery guys from Ricoh who provided the initial training) and the techs who want them but not to the general public.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back