Versant 80 and Xerox 800 image problem.

MIE

I have a very weird problem occurring when I run a 330mm by 487mm sheet on my xerox machines. On the versant Im getting what looks to be a piece of registration code in the same place on every sheet. A similar mark occurs when I run the same large sheet size on the 800, however, its only on the last page. It happens with different files, so its not the files. If I print on an SRA3 sheet size it goes away. However, I need the extra length of the sheet for certain jobs and I must use the larger sheet. Any help would be great. My technicians are stumped

I wonder if some alignment is off? I think I remember having some marks that looked like registration type of marks showing up. My image was printed way off centre of the sheet. Those marks were for internal registration and not normally printed on a sheet when things are in proper alignment.

A picture would definitely help.

I have seen this happen on severely misregistered sheets. Sometimes if the operator doesn't close the tray guides all the way, sometimes it needs a service call.

Concur with the above, this sounds like a poorly registered sheet. Little tick marks will appear on the edges when the registration is too far off.

I agree with the three above posts, but it sounded like the OP said there was a single mark on the sheet, not a repeating mark across the sheet. Pictures will obviously tell us exactly what it is.

Thanks for your replies. here is a photo

Attachments

• IMG_1340 (002).JPG
    IMG_1340 (002).JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 273
It this on trail edge or lead edge of side 1 or 2? And on the same place trail edge to lead edge or side to side or both? Only on Duplex or does it show up on single sided?

its on both sides and even when the second side of the book is blank

If you don't want to give us more information than this don't expect much help here. Just a guess then. I would look at a roller in the duplexing unit. Measure the distance between the ridges and see what roller has that circumference.

That doesn't look like the registration marks I have seen, unless they changed them for the Versant.

From your one photo, to me it looks like some creative person's leftover design in the margins, instead of being trimmed or bled off. What happens if you print that page only say 10 times? What about if you rotate the image?

Does it do it out of all paper trays? All paper weights?

The last page (only) or the last page of every set?

If it is the "last page" only (the first sheet out of the tray) its probably just not feeding the first sheet right.

Last resort, if Xerox is stumped I would just tell them you want to exercise your total satisfaction guarantee and have the machine replaced. That usually makes the ideas start flowing. If not, you'll get a replacement machine.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back